Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably when scheduling kicks off at the end of the month. However, Raptors are on hold until November. Retail orders might start sooner.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and their plan worked. make people feel lucky paying msrp

I wouldn't say I feel lucky to pay MSRP. However considering all of the hype and ridiculous markup that most dealers are wanting, I don't feel like I got a bad deal. In my 30 years of buying cars, I have never paid MSRP and certainly never over. That being said, I have never ordered a new vehicle. I have always worked deals on dealer stock. That plays a big part in negotiating. If someone was able to order one for less than MSRP, good for them. I am ok with the deal I got and am buying from a reputable dealer that I have bought from before and will continue to have a good long term relationship with.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I feel lucky to pay MSRP. However considering all of the hype and ridiculous markup that most dealers are wanting, I don't feel like I got a bad deal. In my 30 years of buying cars, I have never paid MSRP and certainly never over. That being said, I have never ordered a new vehicle. I have always worked deals on dealer stock. That plays a big part in negotiating. If someone was able to order one for less than MSRP, good for them. I am ok with the deal I got and am buying from a reputable dealer that I have bought from before and will continue to have a good long term relationship with.

We all had it pretty figured out with ordering the gen 1 from the factory at invoice. It was pretty common and easy.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. Businesses are (and should be) free to charge whatever they wish for their products and services. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree with you, but in this case dealerships only exist because they are protected by the law. Otherwise we'd be able to order this shit direct from the manufacturer at invoice.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well invoice would just become MSRP. :crazy:

There would be no invoice, no holdback, no factory incentives, no middleman... feels like that john lennon song :biggrin:

Hell I think I'd prefer if everyone just had to order dealer factory direct, no negotiating possible, even if the price was fixed at current MSRP. It irritates me that the dealer makes any money at all by doing me the disservice of dragging me through the whole damned process.

Last edited:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what I got from the dealer. Is there anything else I should get?

Attachments

• 20160805_141135.jpg
    20160805_141135.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 20160805_141323.jpg
    20160805_141323.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 207

palma

Reaction score
I agree with you, but in this case dealerships only exist because they are protected by the law. Otherwise we'd be able to order this shit direct from the manufacturer at invoice.

Ford should just put the Raptor on Build and Price. Still make special offers available on it as well.

Ford has eliminated dealers from the sales process on the new Ford GT. Part of it was to keep dealers from charging a ridiculous markup.

I was hoping they would do the same for the Raptor

Just not right, Ford should not let these dealers charge over MSRP. I have a Benz dealership owner client who tells they are not allowed to charge over sticker! I am used to having poor service from Ford, but this is new low.

My local Ford dealer (Canada) told me that Ford is very strict with them about charging over MSRP limited availability product or not. He told me dealers break Ford rules by doing so. Honestly, the best thing would be to make Raptors available for order at all Ford dealerships big or small. Both types of dealerships should have to get in line without giving exclusive allocation to larger dealerships. Limited products sell themselves and the small dealerships could really use that help. Large dealers have an easy time selling products anyways, so why does Ford choose them for special treatment. Seems so unfair and monopolistic...just a tool for parting fools from their hard earned money.