Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have an agreement for $700 over invoice. Can't reveal dealer because he is a personal friend and I am sure he would not do this for just anyone.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bought all other vehicles from him using x-plan. I also felt that $700 over invoice was fair when we talked about it. He has an allocation for two raptors and I am the first to order from him. I think that's worth what I'm paying for it.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You realize they make money when you pay "invoice" due to dealer holdover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I do realize that. At this point, for most dealers, this truck commands a premium price. I am comfortable with what I am paying and by the looks of it on this forum, most people would be happy to be in a similar situation.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think it's called "hold back", but same thing. Right. In Ford's case, hold back (or a rebate paid to the dealership) is 3% of MSRP.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's called "hold back", but same thing. Right. In Ford's case, hold back (or a rebate paid to the dealership) is 3% of MSRP.

It may be, I haven't purchase a new vehicle since 13 so my terminology is probably rusty. I would not pay more than invoice for this truck, even if that meant waiting. Luckily I don't have to.