Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree they will produce in larger numbers but let's not forget that these will also be sold in China. Only time will tell what that market demands and how that will affect the flow of these trucks....I doubt much. I agree there will be deals to be had for those that are willing to travel or ship but those both cost money and therefore diminish the savings. It really is a personal choice so if you can save and need and want to do so, great. If paying MSRP is ok with a person...great. If you want to spend $10k over...great. Just seems like everyone around here gets pissy when someone spends their money the way they see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are able to use a dealer willing to sell at invoice to twist the arms of local dealers for a better price, which is exactly what I did and I did not have to travel. Also flying to New Jersey and driving the truck home is fractions of the huge markups people are going to see on these. Anyone willing to spend 10k over when other deals present themselves is just stupid, that isn't an insult but a matter of responsibility. You can take that 10k and put it towards mods, paying off the truck, other toys, paying off your house, invest it, anything besides throwing it away on a bad deal. The rich don't get or stay rich by throwing their money away for no reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are able to use a dealer willing to sell at invoice to twist the arms of local dealers for a better price, which is exactly what I did and I did not have to travel. Also flying to New Jersey and driving the truck home is fractions of the huge markups people are going to see on these. Anyone willing to spend 10k over when other deals present themselves is just stupid, that isn't an insult but a matter of responsibility. You can take that 10k and put it towards mods, paying off the truck, other toys, paying off your house, invest it, anything besides throwing it away on a bad deal. The rich don't get or stay rich by throwing their money away for no reason.

And again...its America and you are entitled to you opine how best I spend my money or how I don't and on the flip side I can disagree with you 100%. You will not hear me scream or call you names for your opinion as to how I do my spending unless you throw the first stone and then I'll tell you how I feel and that will be that and we will agree to disagree[emoji4][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And again...its America and you are entitled to you opine how best I spend my money or how I don't and on the flip side I can disagree with you 100%. You will not hear me scream or call you names for your opinion as to how I do my spending unless you throw the first stone and then I'll tell you how I feel and that will be that and we will agree to disagree[emoji4][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

I feel like you're playing the devils advocate for the sake of it here. If you can buy the same product two different places, but one of them will cost you thousands of dollars less, maybe ten thousand less, which do you choose? Which is more responsible and can net you even more with what you save? There's no screaming here, or name calling, it's just a matter of what makes the most sense. Dealers prey on people that don't know better or aren't willing to do the legwork.

Shepherd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interstate Ford in Dayton, Ohio wants 5k over MSRP:ROFLJest:

And it gets better... they want a thousand non-refundable dollars down to put in an order.

Last edited:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like you're playing the devils advocate for the sake of it here. If you can buy the same product two different places, but one of them will cost you thousands of dollars less, maybe ten thousand less, which do you choose? Which is more responsible and can net you even more with what you save? There's no screaming here, or name calling, it's just a matter of what makes the most sense. Dealers prey on people that don't know better or aren't willing to do the legwork.

I guess what I'm saying is spend your money how you wish. Personally, I want a second generation truck and I don't want to wait so I'll spend MSRP + $2,500. Call it what you like but I'm good with what I spent given my financial situation. That's all I'm saying.....peace love and happiness[emoji1365]

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess what I'm saying is spend your money how you wish. Personally, I want a second generation truck and I don't want to wait so I'll spend MSRP + $2,500. Call it what you like but I'm good with what I spent given my financial situation. That's all I'm saying.....peace love and happiness[emoji1365]

So you have an acceptable cap to what you'll pay, msrp +2500. What about those willing to pay msrp + 10000 or +20 or 30? Suppose they drive prices outside of the range you're willing to pay? Then say you could get it at invoice, significantly less than msrp. Sure you can spend your money however you want, no one is disputing that, but is it responsible or make sense? Will you be able to afford the next toy you want paying well over actual value for everything? I personally don't have a dog in the fight, I don't want a gen 2, I just think it's an interesting discussion.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have an acceptable cap to what you'll pay, msrp +2500. What about those willing to pay msrp + 10000 or +20 or 30? Suppose they drive prices outside of the range you're willing to pay? Then say you could get it at invoice, significantly less than msrp. Sure you can spend your money however you want, no one is disputing that, but is it responsible or make sense? Will you be able to afford the next toy you want paying well over actual value for everything? I personally don't have a dog in the fight, I don't want a gen 2, I just think it's an interesting discussion.

I have no dog either so it's kind or a mute point. Just seems like a lot of big government going on around these areas!!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is telling anyone what to do, I don't know when sound advice became big government. It use to be that sound advice from people with experience in any certain field or area was valued and welcomed.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is telling anyone what to do, I don't know when sound advice became big government. It use to be that sound advice from people with experience in any certain field or area was valued and welcomed.

Let's agree to disagree. I did not solicit your advice but have heard everything you have said.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Life is great and we should all enjoy it's many fruits!!!
aedc1db59353b45250d0932a601ea63f.jpg

Personally, I'm a lake bum so this is my relaxation!!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let's agree to disagree. I did not solicit your advice but have heard everything you have said.

You do realize that 1 you are in a thread titled dealers selling near invoice, and 2 you responded to my statement. So your solicitation is not necessary and is not what prompted my statement to begin with.