Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

activeyear

Reaction score
Invoice & MSRP - The same?

For the Pre orders,
Are you using Invoice and MSRP as being the same??

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Negative. Invoice and MSRP are thousands of dollars apart. Most dealers are selling around MSRP for this iteration of the Rappy.

If people are patient I'm certain many dealers will also be selling for invoice, same as the gen 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If people are patient I'm certain many dealers will also be selling for invoice, same as the gen 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that most of this is driven by the market in any given area. Here in OK, there were zero to be had at invoice or MSRP in 2014. That may not have been the case in 2010-2013 but with the end of gen1 all of the dealers in and around OKC were anywhere from MSRP + $3k over to the ridiculous prices of $10K over.

I agree that if you are willing to sit back and wait, there will be better deals however if you want the new toy on the block you are going to have to pay. That's my 2¢ for what it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that most of this is driven by the market in any given area. Here in OK, there were zero to be had at invoice or MSRP in 2014. That may not have been the case in 2010-2013 but with the end of gen1 all of the dealers in and around OKC were anywhere from MSRP + $3k over to the ridiculous prices of $10K over.

I agree that if you are willing to sit back and wait, there will be better deals however if you want the new toy on the block you are going to have to pay. That's my 2¢ for what it's worth.

My dealer basically echoed these sentiments as well. He said the hype on these trucks are astronomical. He also alluded to how customer orders are affecting allocation and once that is no longer the case, deals would be out there but he didn't know when that would happen. Until that happens, it's considered an allocated truck. He also said something like "sure... as with anything, you could wait it out and find discounts but it's not likely the case this year to probably mid to late 2017 or even 2018..." but he admitted he had no facts to base it on other than their experience with Gen1. We're friends outside of work so I'm comfortable taking his words at face value, FWIW.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Those of us that got them at invoice did so by being willing to travel for them and by using dealers that would sell at invoice to sway dealers close by. We also were willing to wait. If having the newest toy is worth paying thousands or tens of thousands over the actual value to someone, then it's their money. But this generation will be produced in larger numbers than the gen 1, every one that wants one will get it, and it will sell at invoice.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of us that got them at invoice did so by being willing to travel for them and by using dealers that would sell at invoice to sway dealers close by. We also were willing to wait. If having the newest toy is worth paying thousands or tens of thousands over the actual value to someone, then it's their money. But this generation will be produced in larger numbers than the gen 1, every one that wants one will get it, and it will sell at invoice.

I agree they will produce in larger numbers but let's not forget that these will also be sold in China. Only time will tell what that market demands and how that will affect the flow of these trucks....I doubt much. I agree there will be deals to be had for those that are willing to travel or ship but those both cost money and therefore diminish the savings. It really is a personal choice so if you can save and need and want to do so, great. If paying MSRP is ok with a person...great. If you want to spend $10k over...great. Just seems like everyone around here gets pissy when someone spends their money the way they see fit.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People get pissy because, given the current allocation restrictions that appear to be in place, the people willing to pay significant markups reduce the potential buying opportunities for others by reinforcing a higher market value. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, necessarily, but that's why the people interested in getting a good deal get salty at the people who are willing to out-bid others in order to be first in line.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People get pissy because, given the current allocation restrictions that appear to be in place, the people willing to pay significant markups reduce the potential buying opportunities for others by reinforcing a higher market value. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, necessarily, but that's why the people interested in getting a good deal get salty at the people who are willing to out-bid others in order to be first in line.

Could not agree with that any more! Well worded[emoji1362]