GEN 2 Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
thank you to the ones that are active and also posting no issues. i am only a lil past 1k miles. i guess my only "issue" is i am avg 14.2 mpg. no i don't really care. (just didn't want to think mine was perfect lol)

also thanks to the one that are posting their issues. it give the rest of us ideal of what to watch for.

I'm averaging 11.8 its ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who wouldn't love the right pedal is the proper question.

lmao i do love the right pedal. gentle love most the time. tough love when needed and desired.

roryt21

Reaction score
Just had a catastrophic failure on my new Raptor. Failure of the rod bearing, Ford is replacing the entire engine. Just bought the truck March 26. Totally sucks, only had 2,600 miles on the truck.

Trying to decide if I want a replacement or a full refund. Truck has been at the dealer for 10 days, I don't see anyway they get it fixed before the 30 day mark to make it a lemon.

In addition it will have an engine replacement on the Carfax.

Totally disappointed in Ford.......

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Just had a catastrophic failure on my new Raptor. Failure of the rod bearing, Ford is replacing the entire engine. Just bought the truck March 26. Totally sucks, only had 2,600 miles on the truck.

Trying to decide if I want a replacement or a full refund. Truck has been at the dealer for 10 days, I don't see anyway they get it fixed before the 30 day mark to make it a lemon.

You don't just get to choose a full refund? Have you ever filed for lemon law it's not that easy. It's a nightmare in fact. I had to do it on a chevy Silverado. But sorry to hear about your truck and I hope you wait it out and everything works out for you. I'd ask for some compensation from ford for the inconvenience tho maybe a maintenance plan or something.

roryt21

Reaction score
Never had a lemon before, this is a first! I can see how this will be a painful experience. I assume if I get a replacement I will be waiting forever for it to arrive. Either way this sucks!

Maha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened during normal driving?

roryt21

Reaction score
Yes. I was actually surprised it turned out to be the rod bearing. The symptoms were similar to the low oil pressure sensor failure. The truck would lose power when accelerating and the low oil pressure light would come on. This happened 3 times then the check engine light came on. I assumed it would be a sensor because it didn't have the knocking sound you normally hear from a failed rod bearing.

Dropped it off at the dealer and expected to replace a sensor. I was surprised when they said it was a rod bearing failure and they preferred to replace the entire engine rather than rebuild it. I totally agree with the replace vs repair.