POLL: If Ford offers engine option (V6 and V8), which one would you pick?

Which engine would you choose in the 2017 raptor?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe the V8 6.2L is not an option upon request.

Because its heavy, outdated, and under-powered. Like its been said before, if there is ever going to be a v8 option its not going to be the 6.2L but a ttv8 or the flat plane v8 they are putting into the mustangs.

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had this conversation on the Shelby forums over the engines. I don't care what Ford says the 6-banger can't do what the V8 can! I drive a 2010 E350 Van w/ 6.8 V10 as daily driver and I challenged Ford to bring their Fugly Transit Van with the eco-boost 6-banger and lets see if it can do what my big gas pig can and so far they haven't shown up!

The 2017 has some nice options and it looks good and yea I wish I had a 10spd automatic in my Van on the highway but that 10spd automatic is useless off-road and unless you're running the Baja you can't use that many gears off-road. I wish Ford would STOP trying to flush this eco-boost crap down our throats as this is the USA not Europe we want big motors. I mean could you imagine GM trying to sell the Corvette with a 6-banger

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id rather have a small 3L diesel from an audi to be honest. Doesn't need massive power and 450tq is plenty

That said Id take a v8tt if it was an option. Give me kick ass fuel economy and light weight or ridiculous power, not something inbetween.

Either way if it only comes as the 3.5l v6 im happy with that and will tune it and I'm sure make an extra 50-100hp/tq over what it is stock

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A v6 doesn't belong in a truck and I won't be buying one.

When people say a v6 doesnt belong in a truck all I can hear is someone saying; "Newer, lighter, better technology doesnt belong in a truck". But to each their own. The best part is no one is forcing anyone to buy the Gen 2.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When people say a v6 doesnt belong in a truck all I can hear is someone saying; "Newer, lighter, better technology doesnt belong in a truck". But to each their own. The best part is no one is forcing anyone to buy the Gen 2.

Nobody said lighter wasn't a good thing. It definitely is. How much less does the 3.5 EB / 10 speed combo weigh compared to the 6.2 / 6 speed, though?

Or are you just talking about the truck itself? Because the truck would still be lighter overall with an engine that was oriented more towards automotive enthusiasts rather than people looking to get good gas mileage on their commute to the mall.

And what exactly is this better technology you refer to? Turbos? Aluminum? Please be specific.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

The 2017 has some nice options and it looks good and yea I wish I had a 10spd automatic in my Van on the highway but that 10spd automatic is useless off-road and unless you're running the Baja you can't use that many gears off-road. I wish Ford would STOP trying to flush this eco-boost crap down our throats as this is the USA not Europe we want big motors. I mean could you imagine GM trying to sell the Corvette with a 6-banger

Agreed. Most of the time when off-roading, I am locking out gears 4-6 anyways or manual shifting. If you need the higher gears on a straightaway, it's easy to bump it up with SelectShift then back down to your power gears. I hate power lag when off-roading.