Picked up my 17yr old sons Raptor today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first car at 17 was a 1970 cuda with a 440(bought it for 7500). And guess what? I wasn't out there hot rodding, racing, and getting tickets. Because my parents taught me responsibility.

Ignore the peanut gallery. You obviously trust your son enough with these vehicles and that's all that matters.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad my thread wasn't filled with everyone's opinion on why I shouldn't have bought the truck. Parents should teach children not to judge others they don't know along with hard work and safe driving.

Nice truck, happy family, can we leave the sour grapes out of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first car at 17 was a 1970 cuda with a 440(bought it for 7500). And guess what? I wasn't out there hot rodding, racing, and getting tickets. Because my parents taught me responsibility.

Ignore the peanut gallery. You obviously trust your son enough with these vehicles and that's all that matters.

Thanks, you are correct!

TKF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, I'm not a father, so I won't comment from that view... However, where I grew up in Vegas my high school had its share of poor, middle class and filthy rich kids (I fell in the below middle class range). The filthy rich kids were either cool as hell or awful human beings. My brothers friend was one of the cool ones and I was lucky enough to ride to school in the only (at the time) yellow Range Rover in the west. The punch line: a well raised, humble wealthy kid gets to share his toys with his friends and bring a little bit of extra fun and joy for all. If your kids are the way you explain them to be you should be applauded for the way you raised them and not questioned for the toys you bought them.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even if they are awful kids he should not be questioned. This is not a parenting forum. This is a Raptor forum.

:perkinswhatever:

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think people's ******* are all in a bunch because this guy is clearly posting this to get attention.

The title could have easily read: "I Picked Up My Son's Raptor."

But, he had to point out the age young age so that all the butthurt people could scream that it's outrageous to be getting a young person a $60k vehicle.

He succeeded in getting the attention.

Not sure why people really give a shit. It's not like it's an expensive vehicle. I would be more impressed if it were something like a 360 Modena.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ you are almost as high as I am right now......

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's great for you that you have nice kids and can give them things. I understand the feeling that it gives you too, the position your in that enables you to do that.

Unfortunately we live in a world where people can't mind their own business, because it is none of their business. And I see that getting worse all the time, where society thinks they know what's better for your kids than you do. How better to raise them, how better to educate them and ever how better to feed them.

People that don't like it, just need to get their heads out of your ass, and MTOFB.

Last edited:

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is their mother? you mentioned you're a single parent.

this kind of frivolous spending, to me, points in the direction of you finding a higher value than just monetary money; that time is short on this earth and all you want to see is your kids enjoying themselves... a coping mechanism for grief

did your wife pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.