Picked up my 17yr old sons Raptor today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok a new car every year? Seriously? Thats just to much man. I love my daughter and will do anything for her but a new car every year is just ridiculous.

Here is daughter leaving today for her 4th plans!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 103

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is daughter leaving today for her 4th plans!

I still say ridiculous. My wife and I learned to appreciate the not so nice vehicles and then earned the nice ones we have today. My daughter will do the same. Thats the way I was brought up and I was a good kid and had good grades. I can't really say what you're doing is wrong it's just not how I will do it. I've seen to many spoiled brats where I live that live off their parents wealth, anybody who lives in Glendale knows what I'm talking about. I'm sure it is a very nice feeling doing this for you kids I've just seen it turn out bad too many times.

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought my daughter a Raptor.
3a5yhevu.jpg

Like daughter's Raptor, good job! That's a good start, she looks happy.

Last edited:

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like daughter's Raptor, good job! That's a good start, she looks happy.

Your work looks good, I will have my son look at pics.

Most of my work is cosmetic unfortunatly. I don't get to get it dirty very often due to my little girl taking up most of my time off work. But thank you. You're son needs to get started on his mods as soon as possible.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My reaction like many is WTF? Then I read several and feel today the cars are safer and to be honest he might as well be safe if he is going to wreck. Like Propdr I have buried more than my fair share. There is nothing like holding your buddies hand as you watch him die because there is nothing you can do. Seat belts back then were totally optional. I watched a friend slide in to and under a moving train because he lost control popping a wheelie on his motorcycle. 15-21 is a tough age for kids and most die from car accidents at that age. Hulk's son suffered from being given to much and killed his friend showing off. All we can hope is we don't read about this child's death from an accident in his new truck. Sometimes I do think we give to much to children before they are ready for it, with catastrophic results. I don't really know how I survived my child hood either.. 72 Plymouth road runner 440 police interceptor and yes I did stupid things and probably just got lucky.. I did however buy it myself and my parents never gave me anything but grief for having me. So I am sure in my own way I returned the favor to them...

EternalChampion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed at those who have turned this into a somber eulogy.

You're perfect examples that life is short and sad shit happens.

I think cpost gets that. Kudos to him for giving his family the good life.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pros: new cars are safer, more reliable, etc. probably helps the kids confidence and it's fun.

Cons, learning nothing about vehicle repairs, maintenance, financial responsibility, or what it's like to work hard and earn something. High performance vehicles might not be a good choice for young drivers.

Also, not sure how well off the OP is but I hope the college funds got topped off to the max before those 8 cars got purchased, otherwise, shame on you.

Aggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor is a fine vehicle for a 17 year old. 2 things come to my mind, 1 is a 17 year old on a liter sport bike is a little insane. I don't care how good of a rider he is I wouldn't want the risk of someone being a ******* and running my kid over. Too many motorcycle accidents from other drivers being morons.

2nd- I don't care what you do or how much joy the spoiling of your kids brings you, you are hurting them. I don't care how many times they say thank you. This is coming from a guy who married into a VERY wealthy family and have watched this course of action play out into adulthood. You cannot support them forever and even if you can what will become of their children when the money runs out? You will breed a generTion or two of leeches from your actions now. You will dismiss this post saying he doesn't know me or my kids and you will go on with your life, but I am currently watching two kids the same age apart, the same situation to a T, just 6 years ahead of your kids and the struggles they are going through in the "real world"

Status
Not open for further replies.