Picked up my 17yr old sons Raptor today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When my son graduated High School I took him up to the Ford dealer and said pick out a truck. He walked right over to the Raptor. That is an excellent choice I said. Told the salesman to run the numbers and we went to lunch. Salesman called said your good to go. My son was ecstatic. Absolutely beside himself with happiness.

We went to pick it up and when they handed me the keys I then handed him the keys to my paid for 06 F150 Lariat.

To this day he still flicks me off when I tell the story. Damn it's great to be a dad!

Last edited:

triggerfish

Reaction score
It's absolutely none of my business what decisions other people choose to make about their kids. As for me, no matter how much money I accumulate, hell I could be a trillionaire, my kids, should I choose to have any, will work for what they have.... Just like I did even though my parents both had two retirements and were fairly well off. I will help them with stuff like an education, but otherwise they will learn through experience how to work. My generation has been ruined by the sense of entitlement created by my parents generation. People need to learn that they deserve nothing beyond the things they get out there and grind for.

This is very true.

I respect the OP's purchase and hope he knows what he's doing.. and not just buying his son's love, as some parents I know have done. Looks like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders.

That being said, I have seen multiple situations where kids had the best of everything growing up, wealthy parents that bought everything for their kids.. best education, cars, laptops, toys, etc... only to find that later in life, and mom and dad weren't there to provide the highest luxury item for what they wanted/needed, life "got real" and they had a very hard time coping. This included severe depression, turning to crime/fraud to get what they wanted, and a lot more. That's if they didn't kill themselves with the overpowered vehicle they were given when they pushed things just a little too far because they could.

I think some on here may be jealous, but some look at this from the perspective above.. But we all look at things differently based on what we've seen and what you do for your kids is your business IMO.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lol at all the dipshits in here thinking a Raptor is too fast for a 17 year old

It's safe, incredibly easy to drive, and looks cool. A bit expensive for a 17 year old, but that's the parents' choice and means

If he wrecks it being a *******, at the end of the day it's just a bunch of steel and rubber and plastic, nothing really special

That being said, I'm jealous. Quite a bit nicer than the bent frame Chevy Blazer I was rocking at 17

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol at all the dipshits in here thinking a Raptor is too fast for a 17 year old

It's safe, incredibly easy to drive, and looks cool. A bit expensive for a 17 year old, but that's the parents' choice and means

If he wrecks it being a *******, at the end of the day it's just a bunch of steel and rubber and plastic, nothing really special

That being said, I'm jealous. Quite a bit nicer than the bent frame Chevy Blazer I was rocking at 17

True! His Mustang makes the Raptor feel like it has no power! The bike is in a league of its own. My son has been riding dirt bikes since 5. He has been riding street bikes since 14 which he started on a 2011 Honda CBR600RR which made 108 RWHP. He has been driving fast cars since 15. So power is no problem for him. Anyone can straight line but he is also very skilled in the turns and twisties which most never develop.

XxWarEaglexX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only hope that one day I could afford to buy my kid something that nice. Especially if they were a good kid an always stayed out of trouble and did good in school. Thats the beauty of the great american dream is it not, being able to buy what you want when you want to.

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Son just drove me to eat lunch, he is even more excited today to enjoy Raptor for the 4th.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 122

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Son just drove me to eat lunch, he is even more excited today to enjoy Raptor for the 4th.

Tell your son I said it looks great, and he needs to let me do some embroidery on his headrests, console, sun visors, and gauge cluster cover

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with the Biebs. I definitely don't think 400 hp in a 6k pound truck is too much power. I have been kind of chuckling at that.

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure hes careful and always wears his helmet. My rc8r is most likely the fastest na rc8 in the world ive never had a problem from the speed. Ive been riding my whole life and doing track days since 16. I was nearly killed sitting at a red light when a 68yr old women rear ended me. She said she thought the light was green and didnt see me. Turned out she wasnt wearing glasses. Bottom line is, all the responsibility and skill in the world cant protect you from others. I would buy my kid a raptor in a heart beat. Riding is one of my biggest passions there is nothing like it. I will do anything I can to keep my kids from riding lol anyways

Congrats on the truck! If you go to an event near michigan I hope to see you, him and the beemer :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.