Picked up my 17yr old sons Raptor today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm calling the OP a TROLL!!!! Why else join a forum to post about a raptor you bought for someone else. His son should have been the one on here introducing himself and his new raptor. Basically every post he has made is to boost his ego in that he buys his kids toys. From when he signed up only posts I see is him talking about he can buy his kids what ever they want.

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mind our own business??? He's told us everything... Who's heads in who's ass?

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think people's ******* are all in a bunch because this guy is clearly posting this to get attention.

The title could have easily read: "I Picked Up My Son's Raptor."

But, he had to point out the age young age so that all the butthurt people could scream that it's outrageous to be getting a young person a $60k vehicle.

He succeeded in getting the attention.

Not sure why people really give a shit. It's not like it's an expensive vehicle. I would be more impressed if it were something like a 360 Modena.

Kapolani...you took the words right out of my mouth. I have read everyone's responses and this has nothing to do with, good vs. bad parenting, frivolous vs. practical spending or entitlement vs. working for something. It's all about the attention. Do I give a shit that this guy bought his "17" year old a brand new Raptor...nope. Do I give a shit that he buys his "daughter" a brand new car every year...nope. Do I believe any of this to be actually true...absolutely not. It was posted for nothing more than the attention it generated...count up all the responses. Look, anyone can take a few pics, put a story to it and the world eats it up. Sorry cpost, but I gotta call ******** on your story. You had me until you said you buy your daughter a brand new car...every year.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
EXACTLY!
Look, I love my son more than anything in this world (even my Raptor), but there is no way in the world that I would buy him a $50,000+ vehicle. I have a deal with all my kids and here it is. I will buy you any vehicle you want (within reason), but you have to put up half of the cash. If you want a $50,000 vehicle...fine...give me $25,000 and I'll put up $25,000. IMO, it's the only way to appreciate it.

I do buy my sons new vehicles at 17 (though not a raptor), but they have to buy their own mods. On a raptor that seems like a 50/50 split to me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until you have kids you cant really criticize. My son is spoiled rotten but its because he is GOOD! If he starts being an ****** rewards will reflect that.

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kapolani...you took the words right out of my mouth. I have read everyone's responses and this has nothing to do with, good vs. bad parenting, frivolous vs. practical spending or entitlement vs. working for something. It's all about the attention. Do I give a shit that this guy bought his "17" year old a brand new Raptor...nope. Do I give a shit that he buys his "daughter" a brand new car every year...nope. Do I believe any of this to be actually true...absolutely not. It was posted for nothing more than the attention it generated...count up all the responses. Look, anyone can take a few pics, put a story to it and the world eats it up. Sorry cpost, but I gotta call ******** on your story. You had me until you said you buy your daughter a brand new car...every year.

Don't really care what you think and should not really have to prove anything but since you care so much PM me and I will give you my dealer and salesmen contact info so you can verify for yourself.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I think people's ******* are all in a bunch because this guy is clearly posting this to get attention.

The title could have easily read: "I Picked Up My Son's Raptor."

But, he had to point out the age young age so that all the butthurt people could scream that it's outrageous to be getting a young person a $60k vehicle.

He succeeded in getting the attention.

Not sure why people really give a shit. It's not like it's an expensive vehicle. I would be more impressed if it were something like a 360 Modena.

Interesting! If I would have done what you say, the first question that would have been asked is my sons age. Then people like you and only a few others would have acted the same way. Shame on me for being a proud father.

If you look back at what I had said in my post, it was a simple statement, "Purchased my sons Raptor today. He was so excited! Ordered 5/12/14 and delivered yesterday 7/2/14." Then a few like yourself just felt the need to be cruel. Overall, nearly everyone has said kind things. Thanks to all that have!

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny social commentary in this thread really. 2 different schools of thought.

Some people believe in the idea that kids need to work for their things to appreciate them. Some believe that if they can provide nice things for their children, why not?

Who is anyone to judge how someone does their parenting?

I grew up with a ton of nice things. It took me doing a bunch of dumb shit and getting cut off financially from my family to appreciate it all though. Took my own path and now I buy my own nice stuff.

I will say this, to OP though, I think you're nuts for getting your kid a super bike like that. I know 17 year old me would be dead by 17 and a half if I had a motorcycle. Hell, 30 year old me would probably die in 2 months. But that's me. Hope he stays happy and safe and enjoys his toys for as long as you both live.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, it is kinda sad, but the OP kinda brought this upon himself. Buying a 17 year old kid a Raptor is something very few people can afford to do, and human nature kicks in. You have to realize what impact your posts will have.

To the OP, if you are truly not trolling you'll drop it. Offering to PM your sales reps info to verify your purchases comes across as even more arrogant. This reaction cannot possibly be new to you, if you are in fact genuine and legit.

However, if you are here to stir the pot then you'll continue adding fuel to the fire. Let your actions speak for themselves.

Peace!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Well, it is kinda sad, but the OP kinda brought this upon himself. Buying a 17 year old kid a Raptor is something very few people can afford to do, and human nature kicks in. You have to realize what impact your posts will have.

To the OP, if you are truly not trolling you'll drop it. Offering to PM your sales reps info to verify your purchases comes across as even more arrogant. This reaction cannot possibly be new to you, if you are in fact genuine and legit.

However, if you are here to stir the pot then you'll continue adding fuel to the fire. Let your actions speak for themselves.

Peace!

Actually I cannot believe that you PM'd him about this......

Status
Not open for further replies.