Order Date, Build Date, Current Status of your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I got a bit more info from my dealer on the MSRP increases since orders were originally placed. He said that if it was a customer order from the start in a customer's name, both customer and dealer are price protected. However, if it's a stock order that was then turned over to a customer, there is no price protection. He did say he'd try to work with me to offset as much of that as he could, but no guarantees.

Makes complete sense to me. Thanks for giving us feedback.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Ordered mine on February 1, 2017 and picked up from the dealer on March 28th. Almost 8 weeks exactly. Black super crew, no carbon fiber.

Wow. Mind bending for those of us that ordered in July :crazy:

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am two weeks from
Delivery every time i read someone ordered in february or january and received their truck, i want to go stab someone in the face with a ford raptor brochure.

This is my dream truck but the entire process is a nightmare. From ordering in early august to 5000k deposit, some ridiculous ford ordering system , back log on parts, quality control issues and my personal favorite lack of information on what the hell is happening. I am truly disapoonted in the process hopefully i wont be dispointed in the product!

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am two weeks from
Delivery every time i read someone ordered in february or january and received their truck, i want to go stab someone in the face with a ford raptor brochure.

This is my dream truck but the entire process is a nightmare. From ordering in early august to 5000k deposit, some ridiculous ford ordering system , back log on parts, quality control issues and my personal favorite lack of information on what the hell is happening. I am truly disapoonted in the process hopefully i wont be dispointed in the product!

I have empathy for all of your sentiments, and also think that you are going to be very happy once you are driving it.

seano04

Reaction score
Makes complete sense to me. Thanks for giving us feedback.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Wow. Mind bending for those of us that ordered in July :crazy:

The dealership I purchased my Gen 1 from told me it would be impossible to get a 2017 ordered and built when I stopped in towards the end of January. This other local dealer with 6-8 locations told me no problem and he'd have it in 8 weeks.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership I purchased my Gen 1 from told me it would be impossible to get a 2017 ordered and built when I stopped in towards the end of January. This other local dealer with 6-8 locations told me no problem and he'd have it in 8 weeks.

A lot of us learned, the hard way, the very real, tangible differences between different dealers' ultimate pull with Ford. My dealer turned out to have massively undersized muscles.

seano04

Reaction score
A lot of us learned, the hard way, the very real, tangible differences between different dealers' ultimate pull with Ford. My dealer turned out to have massively undersized muscles.

Maybe I'm thinking about it differently but if I were a dealer, wouldn't you want to order as many as your were allocated right off the rip? Especially if some were selling at $10k over MSRP? Seems like now, prices are coming down to MSRP-ish and the dealers who ordered have very questionable production abilities.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so here's another update on my order. Last I had heard from FP, my official build date was 4/18. So I called in today to see if that was still the case, and FP said it's "in production." When I mentioned that the previous information was a specific build date, he said that there isn't a specific build date per se, as trucks get built over more than one day. He said mine is already in production, and dealer will have updated ETA once build is complete.

Sounds weird, I thought they got built in one day. This is the first I am hearing of being "in production"

Last edited:

VBuffone

Reaction score
OK so here's another update on my order. Last I had heard from FP, my official build date was 4/18. So I called in today to see if that was still the case, and FP said it's "in production." When I mentioned that the previous information was a specific build date, he said that there isn't a specific build date per se, as trucks get built over more than one day. He said mine is already in production, and dealer will have updated ETA once build is complete.

Sounds weird, I thought they all got build in one day. This is the first I am hearing of being "in production"

Yeah that is what I thought at first, but the build date you are given, or the one you see on your window sticker is usually the day it finishes production. They start production a week before your build date. So mine started down the line 4/3 and was finished on my build date 4/10. Now it's just sitting there hopefully ships soon.

SHOCKSOKET

Reaction score
Ordered: 2/10
Build: 3/5
Delivery to dealer: 4/15-4/19 (origianally 4/23-4/29)
Super-crew no carbon or bl wheels

I'm hoping it shows up today!