Order Date, Build Date, Current Status of your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is what I thought at first, but the build date you are given, or the one you see on your window sticker is usually the day it finishes production. They start production a week before your build date. So mine started down the line 4/3 and was finished on my build date 4/10. Now it's just sitting there hopefully ships soon.

ah, interesting. I do see the date on my window sticker as 04/18. So it's all starting to tie together. I suppose my truck is on the assembly line now and should be completed tomorrow!

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah, interesting. I do see the date on my window sticker as 04/18. So it's all starting to tie together. I suppose my truck is on the assembly line now and should be completed tomorrow!

Or in my case, build date was starting March 27th, and the actual blend date on the window sticker is April 1.

Postman

Reaction score
Ordered 2/15
S/Crew
801A
Beadlocks
Lightning Blue

Still in order processing Ugh SUCKS!!!!!!

ryeabs

Reaction score
I placed my order back in October and received my dora not long after. No real status until a few weeks ago when Ford Facebook chat let me know that my order was now built and in transit! My dealer hasn't been overly communicative and now they finally provided a VIN (chat wouldn't) and said there must be some confusion as my order isn't scheduled for build until early May. I went back to chat and confirmed the original dora order # is indeed in transit but has a different VIN then the dealer provided me. Is this a dealer switcheroo using the earlier placed order for another purpose? I'm skeptical as salesman said they were getting a few more raptors in and would even have some for sale on the lot... makes me think they pulled a dealer order early and pushed mine later.

Am I just being paranoid after 6 months of waiting? I'll be damn suspicious if any truck shows up for sale with my options. :/

I finally got my truck -- I challenged the dealer (BS meter) on the difference between the VIN they just provided (May build) and my original dora # status (shipped in March). Miraculously a truck showed up last week with my exact options and they were "willing" to sell it to me "early" vs the new May VIN order. :mad: Positive note, I have the new truck. Negative note, can't trust dealers. I suspect they wanted to get the truck on the lot early to sell ahead of 2018s (and I was already a deposit / order in the bag).

On slightly separate topic. They just had a loaded Avalanche SCREW arrive and the dealer asked if I had any potential interested takers. Based on the salesman stories I believe it could be had for MSRP with some patience. Houston, TX area. Probably some other poor guy's order who's been given a May build VIN now...