Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
  • Bellatrix, affectionately known as Bella and finished in an Anti-Matter Blue shade, was assembled on June 23 and collected on July 23. It came without a lock for the spare tire. The key fobs lack a functioning light. Additionally, the wires leading to the exhaust muffler’s diverter valve were not connected properly; one was so tight it couldn't be fastened to the frame, and the other was dangling over the exhaust pipe. However, I was able to disconnect them and then successfully reroute and secure everything appropriately.
  • Other than these issues, the vehicle is exceptional, and I am thoroughly pleased with it.
  • View attachment 462653View attachment 462654View attachment 462655
Darn it....now that is more stuff I have to climb under the truck and check. ;)

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like they may have corrected the shock corrosion issue. My shocks are corroded to hell.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like they may have corrected the shock corrosion issue. My shocks are corroded to hell.

Wish mine looked like that. I noticed it was more than just the shocks. My wheel flare screws were partially corroded so swapped those out, aluminum parts under truck were corroded as well. Fixed worse one and may fix other one.

Rustoleum and Amsoil have been my friend.

This truck sure has been fun in the dirt this week and good to know it is 99% all coated and sealed.