Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passenger seat, coil trim piece, and tailgate appliqué all backordered with no ETA. Yay

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger seat, coil trim piece, and tailgate appliqué all backordered with no ETA. Yay
My peasant model also has the applique that is a bit loose on the corners when pushing on it. Really all 4 corners. I know there is supposed to be 3M around the edges but these are also held in via clips throughout the tailgate, no?

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My peasant model also has the applique that is a bit loose on the corners when pushing on it. Really all 4 corners. I know there is supposed to be 3M around the edges but these are also held in via clips throughout the tailgate, no?
Youre correct. Has mine replaced under warranty. Sold the old one to a guy who cut the tabs and just 3M tapped it on to his truck. No problems reported after 2 months.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said us last year, I don't remember the correct number but it was about thousand and four hundred less parts on 24's compare to other generations... They should have kept the dozen plastic clips for the appliqué than 3M sticky...

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said us last year, I don't remember the correct number but it was about thousand and four hundred less parts on 24's compare to other generations... They should have kept the dozen plastic clips for the appliqué than 3M sticky...
I think they're 3M'd on the edges and then also clipped in the middle.

Trooperboy

Reaction score
Wow! How long did this thing sit?What a screw job. I would demand a full refund. My 22 came in perfect. For $80,000 it doesn't cut it!

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come one, come all. What quality issues does your 2024 R have?

I’ve had my R for 4 hours and noticed a few things.

- Corrosion on dual valve solenoid
- Hairline crack on the top of my driver headlight
- Tailgate appliqué coming off
- Missing valve cover trim piece
- Misaligned rear bumper, lower on passenger side
- Not quality I guess, but honorable mention for spray-in liner not covering the box link mounts

I feel like I’m missing something, I’ll add if I find it. I’m not usually a nitpicker, and I’m sure Ford will fix these issues, but really?

View attachment 451617View attachment 451619View attachment 451620View attachment 451621View attachment 451622
Of all of these, I think the one that ****** me off the most for you, is the oxidation on the shocks. That isn't going to be easy to fix, and will probably require the replacement.

Sounds like you figured out the headlight, which, phew, that was lucky.

For the bumper, I am starting to beleive that Ford simply can't set a bumper. The bumper on my Gen 1 wasn't straight, and the bumper on my gen 3 isn't perfectly true either. Thus, I expect my eventual R to be just as lucky.

For the valve cover, that looks like something Ford had implemented. Looks like one side of the motor has more going "on", and they just omitted it. Looks goofy, but if its not wrong, no biggie there.

The spray in liner sucks, but if you have a cover on the bed, no one is ever going to see it. Further, if you get something like a retractable belt, it attaches there and will cover pretty much that whole area. Then there will be no worries. Still sucks, but won't be visible at all.