New to the Scene and have some questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SG_Raptor24

Reaction score
I had a Raptor built through the dealership, and after four almost 5 very long months it was delivered. Now upon delivery I did as what I assume any new vehicle owner would do and looked over my truck from top to bottom and front to back. Now I expected the general wear and tear during transportation, few scratches and small gouges, but what really threw me off was the quarter size corrosion/trapped debris under the brand new painted truck. Has anyone else come across this once it was delivered from factory? Or am I the only one? I feel like this isn’t a typical thing to have on a brand new truck. Especially one of this luxury, and by luxury I’m totally talking about over all cost..

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpeg
    IMG_0264.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
S

SG_Raptor24

Reaction score
Not a typical find on a brand new truck. Have them repair and repaint or refuse the order. How was the rest of the vehicle?
A few minor scratches on the driver side door and a chip out of the Passenger side front fender. But thankfully the dealership is working the repair at a their primary location. A little annoyed because they drove the vehicle to the location so putting unnecessary miles on a special order truck, but honestly as long as the work comes out perfect I’ll be set. They also stated they reported the fault to the factory. I’m honestly surprised it passed through inspection at the factory and was sent like that.

OP
OP
S

SG_Raptor24

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty bad! Definitely have the dealer repair. Welcome to the forum, need to see more complete pictures of your Raptor because that could be the side of a Prius.
My bad, I only took up close shots of the damaged points, but here is the over all truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpeg
    IMG_0253.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0252.jpeg
    IMG_0252.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 18

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a Raptor built through the dealership, and after four almost 5 very long months it was delivered. Now upon delivery I did as what I assume any new vehicle owner would do and looked over my truck from top to bottom and front to back. Now I expected the general wear and tear during transportation, few scratches and small gouges, but what really threw me off was the quarter size corrosion/trapped debris under the brand new painted truck. Has anyone else come across this once it was delivered from factory? Or am I the only one? I feel like this isn’t a typical thing to have on a brand new truck. Especially one of this luxury, and by luxury I’m totally talking about over all cost..

you may want to elaborate on where this under-paint corrosion is.. looks to be front fender behind the flare?? not really sure.