New Leveling Option - SDI Upper Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct. It levels the truck without having to swap out the front and rear springs and also doesn’t preload the front shocks like a spacer does all while increasing the strength of having the billet top hat.
ehh.. it does preload the front spring, but its not a spacer that lowers the strut.. it is like the perch spacers that have been out there, except on the top and a way better/stronger top mount..

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ehh.. it does preload the front spring, but its not a spacer that lowers the strut.. it is like the perch spacers that have been out there, except on the top and a way better/stronger top mount..
There’s a component of the lift that is a spacer and a component that’s preload. So it’s preloaded less than a collar but more than bone stock. Af full droop it does increase CV angle a little. Whether or not the increase is significant enough to matter is hard to say. Not often that you put serious torque through the front wheels at full droop considering the front diff doesn’t lock and the raptor isn’t great as a crawler anyway.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There’s a component of the lift that is a spacer and a component that’s preload. So it’s preloaded less than a collar but more than bone stock. Af full droop it does increase CV angle a little. Whether or not the increase is significant enough to matter is hard to say. Not often that you put serious torque through the front wheels at full droop considering the front diff doesn’t lock and the raptor isn’t great as a crawler anyway.

my front diff locks.... at full droop, theres no traction anyways..

agreed, its not something they just threw together..

SDI is doing the engineering and design, so I think its a quality part, and gets rid of the stock upper mount, which is prone to failure, especially with collars, or aftermarket springs which is a major plus

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my front diff locks.... at full droop, theres no traction anyways..

agreed, its not something they just threw together..

SDI is doing the engineering and design, so I think its a quality part, and gets rid of the stock upper mount, which is prone to failure, especially with collars, or aftermarket springs which is a major plus
You installed a locking diff on your truck? That’s kind of cool.

There is a scenario crawling where you can be at full droop and have traction. It involves your other wheels pushing the wheel that’s at full droop into something that’s in front of it. Not something you ever really come across doing raptor things to be honest.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You installed a locking diff on your truck? That’s kind of cool.

There is a scenario crawling where you can be at full droop and have traction. It involves your other wheels pushing the wheel that’s at full droop into something that’s in front of it. Not something you ever really come across doing raptor things to be honest.

i see now this is a gen3 thread, but my gen2 has a torsion diff..

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"There is a scenario crawling where you can be at full droop and have traction".

like when driving over a prius?