nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm still not sure about doing this myself. Anybody have ideas to check on someone who could do this professionally in say Denver or Salt Lake? There is nobody around here that I've found.

After watching the video in the how to section it doesn't seem to hard.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still not sure about doing this myself. Anybody have ideas to check on someone who could do this professionally in say Denver or Salt Lake? There is nobody around here that I've found.

It's literally ONE wire gets cut, and EVERYTHING else is 100% plug & play! At least for 2012's with front camera.

The hardest part is taking the dash apart, which taking your time, it's not bad at all.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe when I get the plug and play module I'll reconsider but I'd still rather have someone do it who I can trust (and I'm not sure that's me!).

And busa...don't think I haven't considered a road trip.

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe when I get the plug and play module I'll reconsider but I'd still rather have someone do it who I can trust (and I'm not sure that's me!).

And busa...don't think I haven't considered a road trip.

I'm with you, man. My unit has been sitting on the workbench for 2 months. I'm afraid of the pulling apart the dashboard, not the wiring. It just looks so scratchable and a scratch would make me insane.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone able to navigate the navtv website and find the plug and play module as an add-on?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you, man. My unit has been sitting on the workbench for 2 months. I'm afraid of the pulling apart the dashboard, not the wiring. It just looks so scratchable and a scratch would make me insane.

Everything either unclips, or is held in with 8mm or 7mm screws. Watch the how-to video, it's CAKE!

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything either unclips, or is held in with 8mm or 7mm screws. Watch the how-to video, it's CAKE!

OK, I'm gonna go for it. Any sense in me getting the PnP harness, or is it easy enough to undo in the unlikely event of a warranty claim on the radio?

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wiring does take a bit of time. i am still trying to get a better price on the 13's new harness that came out. but i didnt have any issues when i hardwired mine or anyone elses.

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm gonna go for it. Any sense in me getting the PnP harness, or is it easy enough to undo in the unlikely event of a warranty claim on the radio?

I thought it was pretty easy overall, with the wiring being the toughest part of install. Just was a little tight with the factory wire lengths etc. If I were you and the harness is out, I would use the harness personally. I installed mine 2 months or so ago and wished the harness would have been just a little quicker to market. Taking the soldered point out is possible but definitely could be seen if warranty issue.

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wiring does take a bit of time. i am still trying to get a better price on the 13's new harness that came out. but i didnt have any issues when i hardwired mine or anyone elses.

I reached out to Nav-TV (Robert Basile - [email protected]) about getting one of the new wiring harnesses for the '13 unit from this summer's group buy. His reply was, "Please call the person you ordered the kit from and have them call me. I will get them a new plug and play harness." I guess they won't sell directly to the public? I'd happily pay the $75 mentioned somewhere in this thread, but they don't seem to want to take my $$. Anyway, keep us posted on any group buy plans for these harnesses. Thanks!