nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed mine today. Holy crap it was waaaaaaaaay easier than I expected! Even taking the dash apart wasn't bad. The NAV-TV is a couple plugs that go in-line of the factory plugs, 1 ground wire, 1 red wire that goes from the NAV-TV harness to the NAV-TV adaptor, and cutting 1 wire for the camera and hooking up the NAV-TV orange and blue to either end of the cut. You can easily remove those and hook your factory wire back up to itself and it's back to stock.

The one thing I don't like is the blue moving lines go away permanently with the front camera. I thought it was only in the bypass mode that they went away, and they would operate like normal in the factory mode for front camera. that's not so, they are permantly disabled. I came up with a quick easy fix for it though. If you leave everything hooked up as NAV-TV directs, but don't hook up your camera wire, the camera will operate like normal with the blue moving lines. So I'm going to hook that camera wire up to a switch. One side of the switch will be the factory camera hookup, the other side of the switch will be the NAV-TV camera hookup. So with the switch on, NAV-TV can bypass the front camera whenever. With the switch off, the camera operates like OEM with the blue lines.

Traveling at high speeds with the camera I can see why they limit it to 15 mph before it shuts off. It's not even just the safety factor, since it's a fisheye lense, you really can't see anything in time to react through the front camera at speeds over 15 mph lol. Very cool feature to have though, will definitely help for maneuvering tight parking lots, or sneaking through tight places.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't get it, midnight install? I installed it during the day lol

Used your video with the how-to, definitely helped for taking the dash apart!

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get it, midnight install? I installed it during the day lol

Used your video with the how-to, definitely helped for taking the dash apart!
werent you the one out at midnight during the raptor run while i was still working on the trucks?

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still not sure about doing this myself. Anybody have ideas to check on someone who could do this professionally in say Denver or Salt Lake? There is nobody around here that I've found.