moonroof or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westchiro

Reaction score
I have one on my FX4 and don't use it.. windows down is fine but always to hot in sunny Florida..

I ordered my without...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
That was my thought as well. I never use it.

But dealer told me they are hard to re-sell without moonroof and tailgate step.

Thats another thing I wouldnt use.

hard to re-sell without the man step? It sounds like your dealer was up-selling you on those items.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my thought as well. I never use it.

But dealer told me they are hard to re-sell without moonroof and tailgate step.

Thats another thing I wouldnt use.

Does your dealer have a lot of experience selling Raptors? I really like a moonroof in a daily driving car. I don't really care about the step, heard they are pretty popular in loaded F-150's. I would guess your dealer's feedback is based more on general F-150 sales and preferences. Many Raptor owners have a different set of priorities.

403Andy

Reaction score
Build your vehicle for you... not the next guy. Ordered mine without roof. I like the roof but wouldn't use it / don't like the noise when its open.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does your dealer have a lot of experience selling Raptors? I really like a moonroof in a daily driving car. I don't really care about the step, heard they are pretty popular in loaded F-150's. I would guess your dealer's feedback is based more on general F-150 sales and preferences. Many Raptor owners have a different set of priorities.
I think generally if you could get a roll up windows and manual locks raptor then sunroof would be very unimportant. If you want to feel like sitting in a nuclear bunker (no offence to non sunroof raptors) be my guest and do not order it. Weather you use it or not its nice to have this option, especially if you already have ordered nav, heated seats, balls tickler and so on. It does help resale just another stupid add for value.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No moonroof for me.

As was mentioned above order the truck for you and not the next person. Why spend all that money for a roof when you'll only get a small fraction of the cost back in trade value.

Very seldom do we have a situation where the customer won't buy a vehicle because it doesn't have a moonroof. No a mainline unit like an Explorer or Edge, maybe. But a Raptor or Focus RS or Focus ST, usually not.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the extra daylight and ventilation with moonroofs, being out of warrenty now the thought of it failing makes me cringe.
Just like residential skylights, eventually it will fail.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the extra daylight and ventilation with moonroofs, being out of warrenty now the thought of it failing makes me cringe.
Just like residential skylights, eventually it will fail.

I've had my 2004 Honda CRV since day 1 and use the moonroof regularly. After 12 years it still has yet to have any type of failure. I realize that it's a different car with a smaller moonroof, but it's not rocket science. It's a couple pieces of glass with weatherstripping and a couple motors & support arms to move 1/2 of it. I'd count on it being reliable for at least 4-5 years with absolutely zero issues. If I make it to 8 years with my truck (which I expect to) and THEN I have a failure, it's not something I can't handle myself out of warranty rather easily.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered mine with it. every vehicle I've purchased I regretting not getting a sun/moon roof. I've never owned a vehicle with one and always wanted it.

they have power shades so its easy to close them off when someone doesn't want to use it or want the extra sun light, i went to a ford dealer and sat in a new f150 and was sold, its definitely a very nice touch to the interior.