Would You Buy a 2024 Raptor Without Sunroof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hagdio72

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Platinum that I plan on upgrading to a 2024/2025 Raptor within the next 6 - 8 months. My 2018 has the moonroof and it creaks and rattles and drives me insane every single day. I will order my Raptor WITHOUT the moonroof. I never use it, ever. It's just extra weight on the top making the truck more top heavy, another failure point, sketchy to have all that glass in the event of a roll over, it's another piece of glass that I needed to put ceramic tint on because let in so much heat (more $$$).

No moonroof for me.
Update on this for me. I traded in my 2018 Platinum for a '24 801A Raptor last month. I got very lucky and found my exact desired spec (Carbonized Gray, no moonroof, spray in bed liner) an hour away from me and I got it for MSRP.

Very happy without the moonroof. I had Xpel ceramic window tint on my 2018 platinum and just had the same film installed on the Raptor last week (all windows plus windshield). The Raptor is MUCH cooler than my 2018 Platinum. I now realize how much heat that moonroof let in on my Platinum. Night and day difference.

Outside of the moonroof topic specifically, these trucks are amazing. So much more refined than my 2018 in every way and more fun! I'm blown away. I recommend anyone make the same upgrade if you're considering it!

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘21 has a moonroof and I do like it but it has not been worth the headache of all the trips to the dealer to try to get it to stop making a clunking noise. For that reason alone I will never buy another vehicle with a Pano roof.