Listen Up New Owners!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PGHTerrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here with the bumper. Also the bed is slightly off center. The gap between the rear door and bed on the driver side is slightly larger than the gap between the rear door and bed on the passenger side. Although I don't think anyone would ever notice either so I don't care.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guys who found these issues after leaving the dealer for the first time should absolutely hammer them on the customer satisfaction survey you get in the mail after a new purchase. Seems like that's the only thing dealers care about.

Some dealers are really good on the delivery inspection. When our '13 Flex came in our dealer took us to the wash bay for a walk around while they were claying the car. They pointed out the tiniest little fish eye in the paint on the lower rocker almost so far down that you'd have to be laying down to really see it. They replaced the entire rocker without hesitation. I probably wouldn't have noticed that for months if at all if they didn't say something. Other than that I have to say the Flex build quality is outstanding. Assembled in Canada.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jeffl

Reaction score
Picked up my Ruby Red SE Screw on friday morning. The first thing I looked at was the rear bumper alignment. Everything was perfectly aligned, both side to side and up and down. Dealership also received two black screws on the same carrier, I took a quick look at those and they seemed to be fine too.

Jeff

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
If you plan on taking it off road don't waste your time stressing over any of this..lIf you plan on keeping it on pavement only then it Looks like the dealerships are taking care of the issues though.

I have a 13 with a gap between cabin and bed, gap between bumpers and bed, some pinstriping, slightly damaged skid plates, holes drilled into the metal hood and roof. Planning on changing things on the exterior and interior anyway so any timexstressxmoney spent on the gaps right now is futile for me,

lebeljd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my truck last night. First thing I checked was the rear bumper. It looks fine to me, the same gap on both sides and nice and level. I haven't really had time yet to thoroughly inspect all the body gaps. I plan to do that tomorrow.

SLACK N

Reaction score
When I picked up mine on Tuesday the bump gap was not the same pushed to the passenger side and already had a scratch on the hood, plus the stupid deal name sticker which I will be removing was not straight and also wrinkled. But have to go back to the dealership tomorrow to do all the paperwork.

poke27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same problem with bumper

Took delivery of my '14 SCREW last night and am glad that this original message was posted.

While looking over the truck, I noticed that the rear bumper wasn't centered. The left side was further away from the truck body than the right with a small scuff on the right side.

Also found a couple small scuffs that were immediately buffed out on scene, and a "due bill" was given for the bumper to be fixed.

Thanks to R1jamm for posting and making me aware of this problem.

Other than that, this thing kicks ASS!!!

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

Here is an update on my rear bumper.
I waited until after the new year to bring my Raptor back to the dealership for the bumper repair. I didn't want it sitting at the dealership over the holidays.

I dropped it off on Monday (1-6-14).
Three days pass and I never heard anything from the dealership.

Thursday (1-9-14). I went down to the body shop that is handling this matter for Ford to get an update.
The manager of the body shop said he was waiting for more parts to come in for my bumper.
I'm thinking WTF. The parts were already here over 2 weeks ago.

Friday (1-10-14) My service writer calls me up and says my Raptor will have to sit at the body shop over the weekend because the new parts came in but they need to be painted.
He offered an apology and said that there was a lot of parts to this bumper that they missed. He fully expects to have my Raptor back to me on Monday (1-13-14)

I also found a couple of more problems.
The aluminum trim piece on the passenger side dash had a dent and a scratch. The new part is already at the dealership and will be replaced.

One of the light bulbs for the rear license plate was not working.
It was a bad bulb. They are replacing that too.