Listen Up New Owners!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it works out for you skyscraper.
Just be respectful when you talk with them. Ford must be well aware of this problem.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am out of town, so I can't check my bumper, but I did notice (after I had the truck for several days) that it looks like a weld over my driver's side tail light was not ground properly.

Has anyone else seen this? Seems strange I didn't see it earlier.

e8a5ages.jpg

That's really odd. Looks like it was damaged and maybe touched up with paint?

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I phone won't let me cut : paste pics

Wfo, you don't need to cut/past anything.

click "Post Reply"

Scroll down and click "manage attachments"

click "Browse"

Find your photo in the gallery of your phone/pc/tablet and select it.

Click "Upload" and wait for photo to upload. Then close the browse window.

Then click "Submit Reply".

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CraigBarish said:
...these are Fords not Benz's and there is a major quality control difference...

That stirs up memories of Ford's old ad slogan "Quality is Job 1" tagline from awhile back... :rotflmao:

R1jamn - Good to hear the dealer and Ford is working with you on these issues. :waytogo:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, vehicles should be perfect. No blemishes, defects or flaws. Especially since they only make what, a handful of F150s and Raptors every year!

Warranties are for other people whose vehicles aren't perfect.

sarcasm_00030617_thumb.jpg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every looked at the fit and finish on a Vet? So yes I went and looked, side piece are bent in on the passenger side....pulled it right out...with a ratchet strap...

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, vehicles should be perfect. No blemishes, defects or flaws. Especially since they only make what, a handful of F150s and Raptors every year!

Warranties are for other people whose vehicles aren't perfect.

The purpose of this thread is to enlighten and make aware to new owners the importance of inspecting their new vehicle thoroughly.

This is not intended to bash Ford Motor Company.

Magic is right and most of us are mature enough to know that there is always a propensity for vehicle damage. It's just the nature of the beast.

Step 1.) Go to your dealership where your new Raptor is located and be cordial with the salesman and staff.
Step 2.) Ask to perform a vehicle inspection and test drive. You must be adamant on this.
Step 3.) If you find anything wrong with your Raptor make sure it is documented and taken care of with a "Due Bill" or similar. This is not a warranty repair at this point. It falls in the lap of the dealership to make it right.
Step 4.) Start paperwork. (Credit Applicaton/Show insurance/Financing/etc.)

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is it no matter how hard I look I still find something later I missed while inspecting a vehicle prior to taking possession...

That is part of the reason I wash clay and wax the entire vehicle as soon as I get home

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suspect this is most likely not fords doing, but the transportation company that's strapping them down wrong.

BobCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOOD NEWS!
I just received a call from the Ford dealer.
The steering wheel has been aligned.
And.........Ford is replaceing my bumper with a new one including the bumper pads and brackets.
The new bumper is coming from Detroit and will be here next week.
I'm on my way to pick up my Raptor right now. I will drop it off again when the new bumper arrives.

Glad to hear they are taking care of the issues. I'll probably have my dealer look at mine on the 21st as I already have a scheduled appt then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD