Listen Up New Owners!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend that bought a new Lambo. It had all sorts of delivery issues. Folks it is simply gonna happen. I think the carriers have some real guilt here.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the "Door Detent 3.0" on both doors today.
When I inpsected my Raptor at the dealer I found the door detent mechanism on the passenger side was broken.
This was causing the door to close and slam into whoever was in the way.

I would not have bought the new door detents if it were not for the broken one. But it was actually a blessing in disguise. It's a nice mod for $80 and some change.

Here is a pic of the broken door detent mechanism that I removed.
Your guess is as good as mine as to how it broke.

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpg
    IMG_2389.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2393.jpg
    IMG_2393.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New door check positions with the Door Detent 3.0
It now has 3 check points rather than the 2 check points with stock.
The middle check point is the new position that was added to the mechanism.

Attachments

• IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I ordered them too a couple of days ago. But used the raptor group buy and got them for $76. I told them that I ordered a Raptor and don't have it yet (could be months) and they said they won't start the 30 day satisfaction until I get the Raptor even though I purchased them now for the deal. Very pleasant experience with that vendor so far and sure I will be satisfied. I have never seen a negative or bad review on those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered them too a couple of days ago. But used the raptor group buy and got them for $76.

I used the group buy also. I went back and looked at the purchase price with tax.
It came out to $82.87 with tax.

D

Deleted member 12951

@R1jamn

Shouldn't the dealer of taken care of (or at least give you credit) the damaged door detent under warranty? Or at least installed both of them for you for compensation?

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@R1jamn

Shouldn't the dealer of taken care of (or at least give you credit) the damaged door detent under warranty? Or at least installed both of them for you for compensation?

I really doubt they give credit. The Door Detent 3.0 are Ford Factory parts, only modified.
I don't mind working on my own truck. I actually prefer it. I'm an old wrench hand.
I know it's done right when I perform the task at hand. The door detents need to be torqued to 106 lb-in (two nuts) and 18 lb-ft. (1 bolt).
I pull out my torque wrenches and make sure everything is as it should be.

If I had gone in for a warranty claim then Ford would have taken care of it.
Sometimes I let things slide. But, yes......Ford didn't have to pony up on this one.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at my rear bumper on my '14. Driver side sticks out further. My 2011 is straight.