Lead Frame Recall 06-14-2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Procharged and recalled. WTF do I do
The $$Million$$ dollar question..!!
"Whippled" and recalled...done by authorized by Ford Shelby dealer,and my local Ford dealer wont fix mine....so from what I read on here,your really screwed with "Procharged"...no way they will touch it....guess contact company that did yours....I'm calling Shelby direct to find out about mine.GOOD LUCK

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THANKS for the info...kind of figured being modified would be the issue,just pissed they didnt tell me over the phone...dont like traveling 1 hr each way and waste a day to only hear what I figured....
Not sure I agree on the fact that Ford doesnt sell Shelby-Roush....isnt "Shelby" a Ford Brand....so a Shelby Mustang isnt backed by Ford either....crazy....they dont stand behind what they DO sell....(have seen many Shelby-Roush Raptors sitting on Ford dealer lots)and as far as modified in Tuscany/Ind. ,sure cant say it isnt..BUT mine was clearly done at Shelby in NV...and have all the receipts showing that.....
Agreed...calling them direct will be my best bet...again..THANK YOU for info..!
You’re welcome.

There are two types of “Shelby” models, those built by Ford and those that are aftermarket upfits through Shelby/Tuscany.

The Shelby GT350 and GT500 are 100% factory Ford built and are the only models backed by the factory warranty and dealership network.

All Roush products are 100% aftermarket upfits. Same with the Shelby F-150, Super Duty, Mustang GT500KR, Super Snake, Shelby Raptor, etc. They are shipped from the assembly plant as standard vehicles and are then modified by the upfitter before being sent to the dealer. They often include a separate 3/36 warranty to cover the modifications.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re welcome.

There are two types of “Shelby” models, those built by Ford and those that are aftermarket upfits through Shelby/Tuscany.

The Shelby GT350 and GT500 are 100% factory Ford built and are the only models backed by the factory warranty and dealership network.

All Roush products are 100% aftermarket upfits. Same with the Shelby F-150, Super Duty, Mustang GT500KR, Super Snake, Shelby Raptor, etc. They are shipped from the assembly plant as standard vehicles and are then modified by the upfitter before being sent to the dealer. They often include a separate 3/36 warranty to cover the modifications.
THANK YOU for the education....totally know you know 110% more than me on the subject...
YES...mine was bought as regular F-150 Raptor at Dealer....the original owner then had the dealer send it to Shelby,NV. before he took actual delivery of it....So it was Factory/Dealer/Shelby/Owner...which was why I figured it would be covered.....but now I get it..LOL..!!
Hats off to you sir...!!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THANKS for the info...kind of figured being modified would be the issue,just pissed they didnt tell me over the phone...dont like traveling 1 hr each way and waste a day to only hear what I figured....
Not sure I agree on the fact that Ford doesnt sell Shelby-Roush....isnt "Shelby" a Ford Brand....so a Shelby Mustang isnt backed by Ford either....crazy....they dont stand behind what they DO sell....(have seen many Shelby-Roush Raptors sitting on Ford dealer lots)and as far as modified in Tuscany/Ind. ,sure cant say it isnt..BUT mine was clearly done at Shelby in NV...and have all the receipts showing that.....
Agreed...calling them direct will be my best bet...again..THANK YOU for info..!
There are certified Shelby and Roush Ford Dealers/Installers!!!!!
And NO, Ford Motor Company does not make Whipple or Roush Raptors.
In your case since it was installed by Shelby it will have the Whipple Tune customized for Shelby Raptors. (slightly detuned) because Shelby does not upgrade the oil pump gears.
And you should have the TSB updated on the Tune already.
Whipple has the equipment from Ford to write to the back half of the calibration which is highly encrypted (this holds all the nannies, anti-Roll-over and other stuff).

Yes, call Shelby and Whipple for peace of mind.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are certified Shelby and Roush Ford Dealers/Installers!!!!!
And NO, Ford Motor Company does not make Whipple or Roush Raptors.
In your case since it was installed by Shelby it will have the Whipple Tune customized for Shelby Raptors. (slightly detuned) because Shelby does not upgrade the oil pump gears.
And you should have the TSB updated on the Tune already.
Whipple has the equipment from Ford to write to the back half of the calibration which is highly encrypted (this holds all the nannies, anti-Roll-over and other stuff).
You are the man..!! and FordTechOne of course....beers on me if ever in Wa. State....
Interesting info for sure and greatly appreciated..
Kind of figured a fellow "Whipple" would have great info!
Off subject....you are correct...I dont have the oil pump upgrade and see you do.....Since I dont get on it more than few times a week,usually when some slow ass is in front of me....do you think I need to do it..? Yes..know its "insurance" but heard a rather pricey upgrade...but so is a new engine....Thoughts?

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys I think you are making this way more difficult than it needs to be. When the superchargers were put on your trucks they had stock tunes and then a modified tune was installed. So why can't a stock ford tune be put on the truck then send a copy of the revised tune to your tune company and have it modified for the supercharger. I don't have forced air but this is how Livernois tuned my Raptor. Tell the ford dealer that you will not hald them liable if something goes wrong.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys I think you are making this way more difficult than it needs to be. When the superchargers were put on your trucks they had stock tunes and then a modified tune was installed. So why can't a stock ford tune be put on the truck then send a copy of the revised tune to your tune company and have it modified for the supercharger. I don't have forced air but this is how Livernois tuned my Raptor. Tell the ford dealer that you will not hald them liable if something goes wrong.
The main problem that is going on is,
most have bought these trucks second hand and most do not have the handheld tuner device, so the stock tune is gone and so is SC Tune.
Shelby does not offer the Tune just like Roush, that would be a liability.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are the man..!! and FordTechOne of course....beers on me if ever in Wa. State....
Interesting info for sure and greatly appreciated..
Kind of figured a fellow "Whipple" would have great info!
Off subject....you are correct...I dont have the oil pump upgrade and see you do.....Since I dont get on it more than few times a week,usually when some slow ass is in front of me....do you think I need to do it..? Yes..know its "insurance" but heard a rather pricey upgrade...but so is a new engine....Thoughts?
I would upgrade, I did, but my stock oil pump gears shattered in less than 900 miles after Supercharging.
JDM and Shelby detune for that reason but that doesn't mean you 100% safe.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would upgrade, I did, but my stock oil pump gears shattered in less than 900 miles after Supercharging.
JDM and Shelby detune for that reason but that doesn't mean you 100% safe.
Damn,you got a heavier foot than me..
Guess i take out all my agression when driving my Corvette
My i ask what that set you back...ive only looked into cost of pump but not labor which i hear is pretty time consuming.