Lead Frame Recall 06-14-2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BryBlanch

Reaction score
Got the recall, had it done with my oil change, 82k. Drove to Yosemite last week. No problems at all. I guess it depends on the experience of the dealership and mechanic that you take your truck to for service. Just gotta make sure your battery doesn't die in the middle of the reprogramming. Took about an hour and a half for everything with tire rotation and a truck wash included.

Whoops

Reaction score
Got the recall, had it done with my oil change, 82k. Drove to Yosemite last week. No problems at all. I guess it depends on the experience of the dealership and mechanic that you take your truck to for service. Just gotta make sure your battery doesn't die in the middle of the reprogramming. Took about an hour and a half for everything with tire rotation and a truck wash included.
I see you're in Gilroy? I've thought about possibly going there since Ford in Santa Cruz is kind of a joke

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Pretty similar to what I'm running into. When I spoke with Roush they made it sound simple. I haven't been back to the dealer yet.
I have to be honest, the Roush Tune is garbage.
Do some research on here everyone who switch to the JDM Tune absolutely loves it. Shifting and HP gains are huge upgrades.
And you will have your own Tune on a SCT Handheld device to do with whatever you want.
Plus, the JDM Tune has the tranny update built into the Tune already.

If you're going to stay with the Roush Tune, try and find a Ford certified Roush dealer/installer.

BryBlanch

Reaction score
I see you're in Gilroy? I've thought about possibly going there since Ford in Santa Cruz is kind of a joke

Ya they are pretty thorough. Alot of truck go in and out of that dealership so they have alot of knowledge from my experience with them.

Whoops

Reaction score
I have to be honest, the Roush Tune is garbage.
Do some research on here everyone who switch to the JDM Tune absolutely loves it. Shifting and HP gains are huge upgrades.
And you will have your own Tune on a SCT Handheld device to do with whatever you want.
Plus, the JDM Tune has the tranny update built into the Tune already.

If you're going to stay with the Roush Tune, try and find a Ford certified Roush dealer/installer.
Ok, I'm aware of the JDM tune as well as 5*. But, I had no idea JDM already has the transmission update. Good info, thanks.
BTW, I haven't had the SC/Roush tune long but it hasn't failed to underwhelm. :yawn:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya they are pretty thorough. Alot of truck go in and out of that dealership so they have alot of knowledge from my experience with them.
i didnt have good luck at either one of those dealerships. of course this was 9 years ago.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I'm aware of the JDM tune as well as 5*. But, I had no idea JDM already has the transmission update. Good info, thanks.
BTW, I haven't had the SC/Roush tune long but it hasn't failed to underwhelm. :yawn:
Not sure why these recall letters are coming out now, probably got sued I'm guessing.
This is a pretty old TSB like 9-10+ years old, that it was an issue with certain stock calibration strategies.

I just did a quick check using the forum search tab and a few popped up with the wording I used.

Last edited:

Whoops

Reaction score
Not sure why these recall letters are coming out now, probably got sued I'm guessing.
This is a pretty old TSB like 9-10+ years old, that it was an issue with certain stock calibration strategies.

I just did a quick check using the forum search tab and a few popped up with the wording I used.

I might just call JDM tomorrow and see if I can avoid a trip to the dealer

Reaction score
Yeah, makes no sense, my 2011 did NOT have a recall for the lead frame, it was only a CSP and with the age/mileage limitations I was unable to get coverage when I experienced the lead frame problem (transmission went all wonky on me). Not happy at all about having to pay out of pocket for that problem to be repaired.