How to purchase a new truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TOMRAP

Reaction score

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are several around Kansas City for MSRP or slightly under. Call/text Ryan at Gary Crossley Ford, he’s got some 802A’s on the lot ready to go

816-419-4444

Pnwrider

Reaction score
It can be tricky depending on location. I wouldn’t be willing to fly 1500 miles, lose out on the tax credit with trade in…etc..etc. Some people are also not willing to thrash and thrash and thrash on dealers and spend weekend after weekend wheeling and dealing all to save a couple grand….maybe. That being said I’m shocked ADM is still a thing….
Why fly? I lost 2-3k total on sales tax and shipping, but didn’t have to drive 4k miles round trip to get a good deal (in the middle
of winter no less). Worth it for me as I saved 17k on price buying from a dealer in the Midwest.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1500? Those are some crazy distances, only for a truck?? How desirable can a truck be
People were flying cross country during the covid times for all sorts of vehicles. We forget that ordering a gen 3 used to be hard to order for MSRP and if you didn’t want to wait 10 months, you might have to find one across the country or pay 15K over.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be tricky depending on location. I wouldn’t be willing to fly 1500 miles, lose out on the tax credit with trade in…etc..etc. Some people are also not willing to thrash and thrash and thrash on dealers and spend weekend after weekend wheeling and dealing all to save a couple grand….maybe. That being said I’m shocked ADM is still a thing….

It's all numbers brother.... Build a spreadsheet, put the prospective trucks in, and run the numbers. Haggling with the dealer is half the fun. If you don't want to play the game for a few weekends/weeks, you should expect to not score as good of a deal.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
People were flying cross country during the covid times for all sorts of vehicles. We forget that ordering a gen 3 used to be hard to order for MSRP and if you didn’t want to wait 10 months, you might have to find one across the country or pay 15K over.
Not new, happened in 2017 as well. We had our share of Jen Too users who flew out / drove home, and not all of them were from California ;-) ADM was the rule, not the exception in 2017. This wasn’t the Raptor R mind you ! we were seeing +5 - +15k ADM. I called ... over 50 stealerships and the best I could get was +2500 on a mostly optioned truck and I found 2 of them at that ADM. Until I found one on the daily search inbound to a stealership about 90 minutes from me, from which I landed MSRP and a decent trade.
I was searching about 4 weeks, and was just routinely checking inventory from Ford’s site, etc.

OP
OP
G

gjjohns

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I did find a few 802A if I was willing to travel at MSRP but thought they would just get me on the Gen-2 trade-in. Settled on a 802A that was not to far away at 2K over MSRP and a decent trade-in. Dealers negotiated better when I found what I was looking for at two different dealers.