New Purchase: 2023 Discounted vs 2024 at MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highwayman

Reaction score
Based on what you said, I'd personally do the 24 Avalanche if its MSRP and zero ADM or add on BS.... If your plan is to trade it in on another in a few years, you'll be ahead with the 24 IMHO. One year newer and I think you'd get a better trade on Avalanche vs Azure Grey.... Odd-ball colors really are a crap shoot over time vs the standard colors that usually age better and resale.

OP
OP

2011_Shelby

Reaction score
You didn't mis-type, I thought lightly optioned would be no moonroof since it's one of the few options. If you get a moonroof, do the maintenance. The maintenance not called out in the manual. Then you'll be fine.

Thank you for that info! I have heard about the moon roof issues but haven’t read too much into it. The least option one I’ve seen (that I’d be interested in) comes with 2 options: moon roof and spray in bed liner.

OP
OP

2011_Shelby

Reaction score
Based on what you said, I'd personally do the 24 Avalanche if its MSRP and zero ADM or add on BS.... If your plan is to trade it in on another in a few years, you'll be ahead with the 24 IMHO. One year newer and I think you'd get a better trade on Avalanche vs Azure Grey.... Odd-ball colors really are a crap shoot over time vs the standard colors that usually age better and resale.

This is helpful info that I tend to agree with as far as trading in - thank you! I knew the year would help but what I didn’t realize was that azure doesn’t seem to be a popular color!

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Thank you for that info! I have heard about the moon roof issues but haven’t read too much into it. The least option one I’ve seen (that I’d be interested in) comes with 2 options: moon roof and spray in bed liner.
Gen 3 with 37000 miles here. No issues with the sunroof and absolutely no preventative maintenance done on it. My Gen 2 was another story. Rattled within the first few thousand miles.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My experience is that the Gen 3 moon roof does not stick at all like the Gen 2. The Gen 2 popped like you're opening a jar of pickles most of the time. I haven't noticed that once in almost 2 years in the Gen 3.

I also replaced the tracks on our Gen 1, took 3'ish hours if I recall correctly, so it's not the end of the world.

OP
OP

2011_Shelby

Reaction score
Update:

So I went in to a local dealer yesterday evening to check out a 2024 Avalanche on the lot, $82k sticker. Only options are moonroof and spray in liner. No price listed online, and when I get there the salesman informs me that there is a $10k ADM on all raptors. I politely said that I’m not the guy to pay ADM especially in this market so no hard feelings. Taped on the window however was a different ADM showing $6,500 instead of $10k. I gave him my number and thanked him and went on my way. Not two minutes into driving home and he calls and tells me that they’ll remove the ADM and sell at MSRP $82k. They’re getting back to me in the morning regarding my trade (2023 Ford Bronco).

Ironically, another Ford dealer where I get my Shelby serviced calls me this afternoon. They’re trading trucks with another dealer who is giving them a new 2023 Azure Gray and they want to know if I’d be interested in it. I’m familiar with the truck, I even told the guy I knew where he was getting it from because once he read off the options I knew I’d seen the truck online for sale. It’s an $85.9K sticker, moonroof and tailgate, engine block heater, pro power on board 2kw, partitioned lock storage, carbon fiber package, forged wheel upgrade. According to them, they’re paying “invoice” for this truck at about $80.5k factor in paying a guy to go get it and they’re at $82k on it to me.

Now, I like the azure gray, in fact I prefer it over avalanche to be honest. And yes, I am getting about $4k off the sticker paired with the fact this dealer is willing to give me a fantastic trade value for my bronco. But that said, I am struggling with the idea that I’m paying the same price for a 2023 Azure that I can grab a 2024 Avalanche for.

I’m curious to see where dealer 1 sits on my trade, if they’re close to the dealer 2 I think I may have to go with the new model year, that makes the most sense to me…anyone have a thought?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
The deal for the azure is obviously better, but I can tell you want the 24. Otherwise it wouldn't even be a question for the masses.