New Purchase: 2023 Discounted vs 2024 at MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2011_Shelby

Reaction score
The deal for the azure is obviously better, but I can tell you want the 24. Otherwise it wouldn't even be a question for the masses.

Interestingly I actually am trying to talk myself into the 24 and away from the 23. I like the cosmetics of both, but I prefer the azure gray color, it’s just different- I had a 2014 Anvil JKU that was totaled by a guy running a red light, this color reminds me of that jeep.

It just seems silly NOT to buy the newest model year - am I putting myself in a bad position from a resale standpoint by not going with the new model? Is $3,900 off sticker enough to make it worth going with the older model? Am I missing out on any of the 24MY upgrades?

Receiving a tax credit on my trade is a big sway for me…if the dealer with the 24 isn’t even close it’ll make my decision a bit easier

OP
OP

2011_Shelby

Reaction score
It sounds like you're settling either way. Get whichever one will pizs you off the least.

Well said haha! To me it’s the trade value that would **** me off. I’d be stoked with either of the trucks. dealer 2 with the azure is the only dealer so far willing to give me a strong trade value on my bronco, so if dealer 1 low balls me like 95% of those I have spoken to have already, then Ill have an easier call

OP
OP

2011_Shelby

Reaction score
Update:

I just picked up my new 2023 Azure Raptor today!

Actually a pretty cool story. I had one ford dealer, the one I actually get my Shelby serviced at, give me an over-the-phone trade offer of $34-35k on my 2023 ford bronco base 2D 7Mt with 4.6k miles. I bought the car for $34.8k over a year ago and have had nothing but low ball trade offers from every dealer: $25k, $25k, $31k from Carmax, and $35,200 from Carvana. The KBB trade value was $39.5k which I thought was inflated, and when I tried the “Instant Cash Offer” option it came back at $24k (lol!)

I was very happy with the $34-35k trade offer, as that would save me another $2.5k on tax credit , the only problem was they sold the 2024 Avalanche I initially saw on their lot, so they didn’t have a truck I could trade on. I asked the salesman if there was any chance they could trade with another dealer to avoid having to order and wait, and he said that he had never seen any dealer trade a raptor.

Long story short, he calls me a week later and said he couldn’t believe it, but a dealer was willing to trade a 2023 Azure Gray lightly optioned truck (forged wheels, carbon fiber, moonroof and tailgate, pro power, engine block heater and partitioned storage) to them and asked if I was interested! I knew where he was getting this truck from, as that was one of the dealers who offered me $25k over the phone for my bronco. I was able to get $35k for my trade plus an additional $2.5k of tax credit, and I was able to get the truck for $4k under sticker. Overall very happy with the deal, most notably my trade as the bronco market (new and used) is getting crushed right now, and I wanted to get out ahead while I could.

Funniest part of the story? The dealer that wouldn’t work with me traded a ford escape for the raptor…

Pumped!

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:

I just picked up my new 2023 Azure Raptor today!

Actually a pretty cool story. I had one ford dealer, the one I actually get my Shelby serviced at, give me an over-the-phone trade offer of $34-35k on my 2023 ford bronco base 2D 7Mt with 4.6k miles. I bought the car for $34.8k over a year ago and have had nothing but low ball trade offers from every dealer: $25k, $25k, $31k from Carmax, and $35,200 from Carvana. The KBB trade value was $39.5k which I thought was inflated, and when I tried the “Instant Cash Offer” option it came back at $24k (lol!)

I was very happy with the $34-35k trade offer, as that would save me another $2.5k on tax credit , the only problem was they sold the 2024 Avalanche I initially saw on their lot, so they didn’t have a truck I could trade on. I asked the salesman if there was any chance they could trade with another dealer to avoid having to order and wait, and he said that he had never seen any dealer trade a raptor.

Long story short, he calls me a week later and said he couldn’t believe it, but a dealer was willing to trade a 2023 Azure Gray lightly optioned truck (forged wheels, carbon fiber, moonroof and tailgate, pro power, engine block heater and partitioned storage) to them and asked if I was interested! I knew where he was getting this truck from, as that was one of the dealers who offered me $25k over the phone for my bronco. I was able to get $35k for my trade plus an additional $2.5k of tax credit, and I was able to get the truck for $4k under sticker. Overall very happy with the deal, most notably my trade as the bronco market (new and used) is getting crushed right now, and I wanted to get out ahead while I could.

Funniest part of the story? The dealer that wouldn’t work with me traded a ford escape for the raptor…

Pumped!
Congrats on getting the truck you wanted from the dealer with the better trade offer.