TN Meet Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t you just follow the truck in front of you? :)
not always. the faster ones who get out front and instead of waiting at splits, they take off, leaving the slower trucks behind guessing where to go. happens a lot in wyoming due to the high speed and resulting dust. i make every truck wait at a split until the truck behind has sight, however it doesnt always happen. i also put a truck or two in the middle and one at the back to help reduce the chance of someone(s) missing a turn

OP
OP
Gumby

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL This is not a "High Speed Run" #1 This is not the West. #2 Going to take Place on narrow county roads where you can NOT predict where you might encounter on coming traffic. #3 We encounter on coming traffic and someone will have to get off the roadway.( you or them)
If it was a closed roads. then you could just flat out get it until someone pulled out of their drive in a f350 pulling a bob cat. Then you are going to have a bad day. I say that because the other day I think we saw 3 on some of the wider roads. My point is....it would be best to keep things 20-30 MPH

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL This is not a "High Speed Run" #1 This is not the West. #2 Going to take Place on narrow county roads where you can NOT predict where you might encounter on coming traffic. #3 We encounter on coming traffic and someone will have to get off the roadway.( you or them)
If it was a closed roads. then you could just flat out get it until someone pulled out of their drive in a f350 pulling a bob cat. Then you are going to have a bad day. I say that because the other day I think we saw 3 on some of the wider roads. My point is....it would be best to keep things 20-30 MPH
Meh....we'll have enoogh Raptors to block shìt and make some time trials......maybe?

Hal993

Reaction score
Meh....we'll have enoogh Raptors to block shìt and make some time trials......maybe?
Blue font? sure - if you want to P*ss off the right people so the counties find a way to make parts of the Dirt Devil go bye-bye.

For those that aren't local: These are public roads... This is not an OHV, these are not public lands with access roads. These are narrow, 1.5 lanes wide, bi-directional, gravel and dirt public roads.

OP
OP
Gumby

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those that aren't local: These are public roads... This is not an OHV, these are not public lands with access roads. These are narrow, 1.5 lanes wide, bi-directional, gravel and dirt public roads.
This^^^^ TO All that would like to attend.
This is back country. I grew up. "back country" We Will Obey all the the laws!!!! We will be respectful of the locals and the land. If you have a problem with these simple respectful rules of Mine. Stay Home.
We will be passing some of my friends houses and my old hunting lease.
I know @MurderedOutSVT Is joking around. Just incase the rest of you weren't sure. But I do want to be clear what this is and manage your expectations.

Last edited:

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the early morning start, I may be out. I have to be in Lexington Ky for an event the night before and doubt I can be back on the road in time to get there.

If the map gets shared, I'd still appreciate being included, though.

Hal993

Reaction score
This^^^^ TO All that would like to attend.
This is back country. I grew up. "back country" We Will Obey all the the laws!!!! We will be respectful of the locals and the land. If you have a problem with these simple respectful rules of Mine. Stay Home.
We will be passing some of my friends houses and my old hunting lease.
I know @MurderedOutSVT Is joking around. Just incase the rest of you weren't sure. But I do want to be clear what this is and manage your expectations.
@MurderedOutSVT - copy that. I thought it was probably tongue in cheek. Please excuse the curt response.

... I did want to make it clear to anyone who was thinking about coming up that it is in all of our best interest that we all keep the group actions courteous. A large gathering of one of the largest passenger vehicles on the road can be incredibly intimidating to the locals.

-that and... unfriendly group behavior is almost always likely to end poorly in Rural TN. hahahahaaa

Rekkr

Reaction score
For the record, years ago a huge jeep crew seriously pissed off the locals by doing some dumb things they shouldn’t have ie: driving into river crossings that were clearly on private property. The locals then began “***** trapping” certain river crossings with 2x4’s with nails in them to destroy tires as well as putting up steel cables across the river crossing to prevent people from driving through. Not sure if any of the other local TN guys remember this. But I stopped going to dirt devil for a few months to let things cool off.

Moral of the story- please be respectful so we can make this a more than one time event

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
For the record, years ago a huge jeep crew seriously pissed off the locals by doing some dumb things they shouldn’t have ie: driving into river crossings that were clearly on private property. The locals then began “***** trapping” certain river crossings with 2x4’s with nails in them to destroy tires as well as putting up steel cables across the river crossing to prevent people from driving through. Not sure if any of the other local TN guys remember this. But I stopped going to dirt devil for a few months to let things cool off.

Moral of the story- please be respectful so we can make this a more than one time event
Agreed. I do remember this and we did encounter one steel cable last week.