Houston.... we have a problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here is an update....
After the cam phaser repairs, the truck cam phaser clatter was gone but it was still running rough at idle and throwing both front O2 sensors stuck rich. The guys at GAS have been digging and digging trying to figure it out. And yesterday evening the tech found this. Hopefully this is the culprit.
The XDI-EVO HPFP is leaking internally from the piston seal. And it possibly leaks more than that when the piston moves.
I'm in contact right now with Xtreme DI about next steps which I'm sure is a rebuild of the HPFP.

Attachments

• IMG_7144.mp4
    1.5 MB

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh shy
So here is an update....
After the cam phaser repairs, the truck cam phaser clatter was gone but it was still running rough at idle and throwing both front O2 sensors stuck rich. The guys at GAS have been digging and digging trying to figure it out. And yesterday evening the tech found this. Hopefully this is the culprit.
The XDI-EVO HPFP is leaking internally from the piston seal. And it possibly leaks more than that when the piston moves.
I'm in contact right now with Xtreme DI about next steps which I'm sure is a rebuild of the HPFP.
Oh shyte, that’ll do it for sure! Lots of unmetered fuel !

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here is an update....
Looks like me in the morning..........