Hit a moose with the truck tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gordhunt

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven't heard a peep from the damn insurance adjuster even after several angry voice mails. Don't want to take it in until I've heard from them

Sent from my Note2

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My take on the bumpers that stick out alot, and only use the frame horns as attachment points, is that they're actually providing more leverage to mangle the frame horns.
Of course this is still preffered to having a moose go through the grill !
I just wonder if the outlaw and rpg bumpers that mount at the frame horns, and down low at the subframe, aren't more resistant to damaging the frame horns in a frontal impact...
All pure speculation of course, pics of your frame horns will tell the story. Be able to see if they're twisted up, or pushed straight back.

OP
OP
gordhunt

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking it in this morning I'll let you guys know what the auto body shop says

Sent from my Note2

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang, I've hit two deer in recent years in other vehicles, will definitely need to be getting something to protect my raptor when it arrives.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty impressive! Glad you're ok. I could definitely use that bumper up here in Wyo Country!

OP
OP
gordhunt

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got it into the dealer they are putting it on the frame rack today will let you guys know the results

Sent from my Note2

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad you are okay and really hope your raptor is too. That bumper did an incredible job!

If the frame is okay you should email ADD and tell them their bumper is moose proof. Good selling point haha.