hAtE to see it... dealer offered me any of their 2024 $5k under MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get anything below MSRP still and I'm about ready to pass on my truck that is delivering in 1-2 weeks. These interest rates are asinine. I have a 800+ credit score with a hefty payment down and solid D/I ratio. I'm getting rates 7%-9% through my usual credit unions. Gonna try to get the dealer to come off price or find a unicorn finance rate. I'm not paying cash for this thing because I work at the house I want to keep cash around for.

I'll see if I can pass off the deal to one of yall if I decide to walk.

IWantARaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't get anything below MSRP still and I'm about ready to pass on my truck that is delivering in 1-2 weeks. These interest rates are asinine. I have a 800+ credit score with a hefty payment down and solid D/I ratio. I'm getting rates 7%-9% through my usual credit unions. Gonna try to get the dealer to come off price or find a unicorn finance rate. I'm not paying cash for this thing because I work at the house I want to keep cash around for.

Look at PenFed. I’m seeing mid 5s and 6s even for 72-84 month terms.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

How long are you looking to finance for? Don’t know if you have a Navy Fed Credit Union around you but they have a descent rate for 72 months…4.79%.

Attachments

• IMG_0660.png
    IMG_0660.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 13

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long are you looking to finance for? Don’t know if you have a Navy Fed Credit Union around you but they have a descent rate for 72 months…4.79%.
Looking anywhere between 48-72. I wish I could get in with Navy Fed but I am not military and don't have any members in my immediate family. Could probably make a few calls to cousins but haven't yet.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Looking anywhere between 48-72. I wish I could get in with Navy Fed but I am not military and don't have any members in my immediate family. Could probably make a few calls to cousins but haven't yet.
May or may not work, but call the dealer and ask the finance guy if they have a credit union in the neighborhood, they'll get their spiff either way.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May or may not work, but call the dealer and ask the finance guy if they have a credit union in the neighborhood, they'll get their spiff either way.
I appreciate that. I usually don't like to rely on my dealer but I trust the guys I'm dealing with more than most dealers. They seem like they just want a sale. There is a dealer in the Denver area that gave me an interesting interest rate on my 2023. Asked for the buy rate, they didn't want to show me, said I was going to walk, then they showed me the buy rate which was 1% lower than what they offered. Trying to skim the top on me.

I got a 6.6% from my credit union back in Mississippi. Hoping I can find lower.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I appreciate that. I usually don't like to rely on my dealer but I trust the guys I'm dealing with more than most dealers. They seem like they just want a sale. There is a dealer in the Denver area that gave me an interesting interest rate on my 2023. Asked for the buy rate, they didn't want to show me, said I was going to walk, then they showed me the buy rate which was 1% lower than what they offered. Trying to skim the top on me.

I got a 6.6% from my credit union back in Mississippi. Hoping I can find lower.
Yeah, call them of Friday and tell them you can get x.x% rate at whatever CU and see if they can match or come close. They usually can. They'll get some money from whatever bank they have in their pocket and still make a couple bucks.