Guess I'm waiting for awhile..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last I remember yes it's software, a electronic separate transmission pump for cooling, a separate wire to the starter to engage separate of the ignition switch, and a disable button. I believe there's a few more modules ect but haven't pulled up a wiring diagram yet I can later today at work and see (I work at dealer).
I am unsure about Ford but I know when we rolled out this option back around 2012 at Porsche they also had an upgraded starter on the vehicles with this feature to handle the increase duty cycle.

OP
OP
M

medallion59

Reaction score
Anyone catch the window sticker for that rig? It indicated there was an “Auto start stop removal” option and actually showed a rebate of $50. I had the Auto stop eliminator installed as that feature drive me nuts.
I did notice and one of the reasons I called that dealer to request a quote. I've never seen that option before but I'd say to me.. it's a great one.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically it is not ridiculous as it is inline with general market pricing. What is ridiculous is that there are people out there willing to pay $20K over MSRP, then further justify this pricing practice and make it more commonplace.

Seriously, there is no way that everyone on here that says they are getting a Raptor for MSRP are telling the truth. I am willing to bet that there are a lot of people in this forum that are paying $20K or more over MSRP, but then telling the forum that ADM is stupid and they are getting their truck at sticker.

View attachment 316771

After reading the thread here with people discussing financing.. I would have to disagree. The people going out and shelling $5k to $30k over (likely) have the disposable money to go out and likely do so in cash. For all the people financing their $80k truck over 7 years they are already paying ADM.. in the form of $10,000 dollars in interest. I'm not gonna be a hater on someone paying ADM if they are following simple ratios of the vehicle in relation to their networth because I'm not worried about those people going broke.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading the thread here with people discussing financing.. I would have to disagree. The people going out and shelling $5k to $30k over (likely) have the disposable money to go out and likely do so in cash. For all the people financing their $80k truck over 7 years they are already paying ADM.. in the form of $10,000 dollars in interest. I'm not gonna be a hater on someone paying ADM if they are following simple ratios of the vehicle in relation to their networth because I'm not worried about those people going broke.
THE current finance rates available and high likelyhood of having a decent downpayment to go along with the financing there will not be 10k in intrest paid out. Most of us that finance out that long will likely be paying extra to pay it off early.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THE current finance rates available and high likelyhood of having a decent downpayment to go along with the financing there will not be 10k in intrest paid out. Most of us that finance out that long will likely be paying extra to pay it off early.

This is simply a false statement. The vast majority of you that finance it this far out will only pay it off early because you'll sell it in 2 years to go further into debt on the next one. It's such a silly concept that broke people talk themselves into.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is simply a false statement. The vast majority of you that finance it this far out will only pay it off early because you'll sell it in 2 years to go further into debt on the next one. It's such a silly concept that broke people talk themselves into.
84mo loan at 1.99% financing 75k equals 5400$ in interest, half what you assumed, so who's making false statements? Financing a vehicle is not only for broke people that can't pay cash for a car, there are a multitude of reasons to finance a vehicle, especially given the current rates of sub 2%, I can make way more in the market right now that its costing me to finance at that level, why would I tie up cash in a vehicle when I get more long term benefit in the market. And given discussions with my dealer rep I may just trade up for a '22 in a year given what these things tend to bring to the table even used and the fact I pay less than MSRP.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you have to be correct in a certain amount of cases, that is a very broad generalization. I would imaging those in the market for an $80K truck generally have more money and more solid financial understanding of the impact of payment terms. While there is always going to be the group that finances their life away for a sick truck for the instagram likes, I would imagine most here have built a solid base of wealth and are not missing rent payments to make the truck payment.

I may be wrong though. Maybe I am just more of an optimist.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
84mo loan at 1.99% financing 75k equals 5400$ in interest, half what you assumed, so who's making false statements? Financing a vehicle is not only for broke people that can't pay cash for a car, there are a multitude of reasons to finance a vehicle, especially given the current rates of sub 2%, I can make way more in the market right now that its costing me to finance at that level, why would I tie up cash in a vehicle when I get more long term benefit in the market. And given discussions with my dealer rep I may just trade up for a '22 in a year given what these things tend to bring to the table even used and the fact I pay less than MSRP.

You don't even have to invest the money you are not spending on the vehicle right now, since the current interest rates are below the rate of inflation. Although it doesn't really do you any good if you don't invest or spend the money on assets that will rise in value (or devalue less) with inflation.

As far as FRF members getting vehicles above MSRP, I'm sure there are some, but they are not going to vocally be against ADM if they know they are going to pay it. They will simply stay quite on the matter, or claim that that the extra cost is worth it for better service, less stress or whatever. I would guess the majority of those paying ADM are not here though, as FRF likely doesn't represent that big of a percentage of Raptor buyers. Those that have the disposable income to not care about an extra $20k are likely spending their time on other things.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LOL.. yeah these are the kind of ridiculous statements that really encourage people to do bad things.

1. Finding a 1.99% interest rate on an $80k purchase will not be found by everyone. People who find those rates will have to have >790 FICOs which only means that those people have been gassed to death by paying interest for years on things that they couldn't afford. This is not a path to wealth.

2. It's a misnomer, and one given often by broke people, that they'll make "so much more money" in the market and this is why they choose to finance. Look, if you have $80k to invest, I also hope you have $80k to buy this truck in cash and then you have the best of both worlds. You'll receive long-term gains and future value towards your retirement, and you won't get into issues with your income ratios. If you can't buy this truck in cash, you simply cannot afford it. If you must finance, the only rule I go by is from "the money guys" they are a little more lenient than Dave Ramsey, so I'd encourage you to watch their take and model.

3. No wealthy person finances their $80k toy. Broke people do all the time, for sure. People wanting to keep up with the Jones.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you have to be correct in a certain amount of cases, that is a very broad generalization. I would imaging those in the market for an $80K truck generally have more money and more solid financial understanding of the impact of payment terms. While there is always going to be the group that finances their life away for a sick truck for the instagram likes, I would imagine most here have built a solid base of wealth and are not missing rent payments to make the truck payment.

I may be wrong though. Maybe I am just more of an optimist.

You are an optimist. But I'd also state that our ideas of wealth are likely different.. I'm simply a believer that you cannot afford things if you can't pay for them (and do pay for them) in cash. Financing a vehicle this expensive is a recipe for disaster for the vast majority of consumers.