Guess I'm waiting for awhile..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either you don't know what net worth means, or your numbers are off. But yes, you are correct, if you are not paying for the vehicle in cash then you cannot afford it. If you're making a truthful statement about networth, and you've only been maxing out your 401k for the past 3 years something doesn't add up if you're taking out a loan for $40k+. I'd encourage you not to do so as you're obviously on the right path.

And it's not bragging, you've just made wise decisions to date. I'm a year younger than you though and my networth is 4x yours, but it doesn't mean that what you've done isn't impressive. Much props to you, but you should keep on the right trajectory and pay cash and put that monthly payment you would have been making into mutual funds.
200.gif

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Either you don't know what net worth means, or your numbers are off. But yes, you are correct, if you are not paying for the vehicle in cash then you cannot afford it. If you're making a truthful statement about networth, and you've only been maxing out your 401k for the past 3 years something doesn't add up if you're taking out a loan for $40k+. I'd encourage you not to do so as you're obviously on the right path.

And it's not bragging, you've just made wise decisions to date. I'm a year younger than you though and my networth is 4x yours, but it doesn't mean that what you've done isn't impressive. Much props to you, but you should keep on the right trajectory and pay cash and put that monthly payment you would have been making into mutual funds.
F F S. You should go down to the corner and preach to the homeless, you would have better luck. While you're saving your pennies, eating beanie weenie without the beanie, the rest of us are doing important stuff, like driving raptors and banging super models. :eek:

coryatver

Reaction score
Credit score doesn’t tell how good you are with money. It is how good you are with debt haha

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1629836091613.jpg
As far as waiting awhile someone should call these dealers and tell them they are lying on the MSRP and there going to be waiting awhile for purchasing LOL. On a side note I've heard motel 6 leaves lights on so husband's and wives can go bicker even late at night. ;)

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just “built” a new Raptor on the Ford website. I added just about everything I could. The MSRP was only around $90,000. The dealers listed above are 100% F.O.S!!!!!! Absolute False Advertising. But, someone will feel like they’re getting a good deal.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just “built” a new Raptor on the Ford website. I added just about everything I could. The MSRP was only around $90,000. The dealers listed above are 100% F.O.S!!!!!! Absolute False Advertising. But, someone will feel like they’re getting a good deal.
Those that don't know. In my honest opinion. Taking the true MSRP and adding markup is one thing everyone does that. But taking the real MSRP and lying saying it's something higher(with markup) is lying and wrong. I would love to call them acting I'm interested with the real window sticker pulled up and be like " what's MSRP, oh it's 125k$? Funny the sticker says otherwise LOL.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My credit score is 829. I’m 35, only debt is my house. Have a net worth of over 550k. Max out my 401k since I was 32. That being said, I’m sure I’m one of the Poors on here. According to you I can’t afford my truck, but I will be putting over 30k down on it and my DTI will be less than 20% after I get my loan.

I don’t say this to brag because like I said earlier. I’m sure I’m one of the lower income people on here, but then you have dude like you who think that unless you have 25 million in the bank with zero debt you can’t enjoy life and buy something nice. Who care about accumulating so much wealth you can’t spend it all.

You two are slow learners and have now been given a warning. Stay on topic and do not instigate each other or find another Forum.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that Bull Valley Ford outside of Chicago has 2 allocations available. Do not know if 37s are an option. IM for contact.

OP
OP
M

medallion59

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that the Ford search is garbage and inconsistent. I see Raptors show in the search and then drop off the next day even though the dealer still lists them and they show up in Build Status. I'm done searching for now. Maybe one will just show up in my driveway someday.