Guess I'm waiting for awhile..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if dealers are marking them up even for those that ordered? Like the call and "Hey .. you're Raptor's here.. it'll be 10K above ordered/quoted price upon delivery"
This is exactly what Im waiting to watch. If all these guys are excited they found MSRP and then go to deliver and whoops we added 15-20K-- sorry take it or we'll throw it on the lot and get our ADM

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone catch the window sticker for that rig? It indicated there was an “Auto start stop removal” option and actually showed a rebate of $50. I had the Auto stop eliminator installed as that feature drive me nuts.
Due to chip shortages, Ford added the option to delete that stupid *** feature. Not sure how long it will be available for though

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ford's having issues with commodities due to supplies for auto start stop so removing it speeds up production.
Interesting. What commodities/supplies are needed for auto stop start? If it can be deleted or enabled with forscan, you would think it is just some coding. I was wrong once before though, so who knows.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, I'm sure we will hear that story a couple of times in a few weeks!!!
yeah, I'm inbetween trucks right now and have about 8 months or so before
What does a chip shortage have to do with start/stop delete?
not sure how it matters as far as production goes, but people got calls and were told if they deleted start/stop, their trucks would arrive faster. Certain chips control that feature I guess? ‍♂️

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. What commodities/supplies are needed for auto stop start? If it can be deleted or enabled with forscan, you would think it is just some coding. I was wrong once before though, so who knows.
Last I remember yes it's software, a electronic separate transmission pump for cooling, a separate wire to the starter to engage separate of the ignition switch, and a disable button. I believe there's a few more modules ect but haven't pulled up a wiring diagram yet I can later today at work and see (I work at dealer).