Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Du

Reaction score
I think your order should have a number on it. we checked 2 dealers and both had the first truck of the second allocation available for purchase. one dealers ticket said #77 and the one we purchased from the other dealer was #20. now these were some what already speced out and we just changed a couple things

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My DORA is dated 7/26 and I still have no schedule. allocation #2 of 5 at my dealer. I'd love to understand why

After my experience calling, visiting and nearly placing an order at several dealerships I'm thinking that your particular result is possibly because they put people willing to shell out more in front of you. At least that's how the dealers here in CA seem to be working it.

I can't tell you the number of dealers that very literally told me, "We're going to take names and call you back based on the amount each person is willing to pay OVER MSRP"

**** that. ********. If that's how they operate when I'm placing an order, I don't doubt the shenanigans don't end there. They probably line up their orders/allocations based on price paid.

cmarko

Reaction score
After my experience calling, visiting and nearly placing an order at several dealerships I'm thinking that your particular result is possibly because they put people willing to shell out more in front of you. At least that's how the dealers here in CA seem to be working it.

I can't tell you the number of dealers that very literally told me, "We're going to take names and call you back based on the amount each person is willing to pay OVER MSRP"

**** that. ********. If that's how they operate when I'm placing an order, I don't doubt the shenanigans don't end there. They probably line up their orders/allocations based on price paid.

I have a DORA from Ford dated July 26, so I have confirmation that my order was accepted by Ford in July. I have also discussed this date with Ford Service, so in my case I am confident that my dealer did place the order in July and I am their second allocation. Just cant get the order scheduled from Ford. Someone mentioned that it is due the priority code of the order. I really don't know but am frustrated to the max!

I have been with this dealer and salesman for decades and literally dozens of vehicles so I trust that they would not sell me out completely. I just don't know if they lack pull with Ford or what the problem is...

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a DORA from Ford dated July 26, so I have confirmation that my order was accepted by Ford in July. I have also discussed this date with Ford Service, so in my case I am confident that my dealer did place the order in July and I am their second allocation. Just cant get the order scheduled from Ford. Someone mentioned that it is due the priority code of the order. I really don't know but am frustrated to the max!

I have been with this dealer and salesman for decades and literally dozens of vehicles so I trust that they would not sell me out completely. I just don't know if they lack pull with Ford or what the problem is...

I'd agree with your assessment. Hope you get scheduled soon man!

Chief1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered on September21, received a Vin# on October 17, received a window sticker on November 23, and just received a call from my Dealer that my Raptor has been built, released and awaiting shipping. I guess I am making some progress.
Just received a call from my Dealer and my Raptor is on the train and heading to New England. It's on the Norfork Southern Corp.