PPF Buyers Remorse + I'm an idiot = I'm lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say that ceramic coating will not keep or delay your paint from fading. And the ceramic coating would usually need to be removed before installing ppf or the ppf would not adhere properly. Usually people install ceramic coating over ppf if they want benefits of both…
Exactly what is said here. You get the ceramic put overtop of the ppf. Xpel also has a ppf that already is ceramic coated as well.

slade8

Reaction score
Unfortunately if that was true every carbon fiber body panel manufacture in the world wouldn’t be having yellowing issues from UV damage.
So unfortunately I am starting to realize that a lot of the UV protection claims made might be complete BS! I watched a dude on youtube compared different interior products on clear glass slides and using a UV meter on the other side of the glass slide. All the products failed to block UV and some increased it kinda like lubing up with baby oil and laying in the sun would do. For comparison he put a thin layer of sunblock on a glass slide and it of course blocked the UV. I would love to do the same test with all the waxes, ceramics etc. I have spent hundreds of dollars on over the decades. One thing I do know is my ceramic window tint and specifically the clear ceramic tint on my windshield blocks the suns heat substantially more than standard tint.