Ceramic vs PPF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9ltd3

Reaction score
Ceramic also provides UV protection for your paint against fading, there are also a few PPF that offer UV protection. Thing to think about here is if getting PPF you need to always hand wash vs. ceramic you have the option of a car wash.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
think of ceramic coating as the newest in wax technology..

it does nothing to protect the paint against damage from brush or rocks..

it makes the water fly off, and makes the paint stay shiny

PPF is an actual film thats applied. my truck came with a "bug guard" PPF and i think its done its job quite well, but there are a few spots where flying debris penetrated the film..

If i had it to do over again, id do the hood and sides in PPF, especially the bedsides

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again, PPF on everything but the roof, best decision, I'm so happy with it and go through the car wash all the time, continuously receive compliments

raptorsub

Reaction score
I'll say it again, PPF on everything but the roof, best decision, I'm so happy with it and go through the car wash all the time, continuously receive compliments
Completely agree! If you can afford the cost it is so worth it. I did the whole truck and colored vinyl on the roof. I've never once had to wax or buff my truck. I never worry about pin stripes or scrubbing it down when it's dirty or muddy.