Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorcat

Reaction score
Got an update from my dealer today that my truck is in transit with an ETA of 12/23. That would be a Christmas miracle.

Some background:
I ordered the truck on Aug. 24th, it was built on 11/22. My dealer is in Georgetown, TX. This looks promising, but there is still a chance that it is in transit to be retroffitted.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called and got an update from Ford Performance. Their system was updated early this morning with....

Method: Rail
Current Location: Melvindale MI
ETA: Not Available

My first thought was...RAIL...damn it, my Window Sticker said CONVOY, which we understand to be faster due to many fewer handling and exchange steps, but oh well, at least it's moving, right ???

My second thought was...where the hell is Melvindale MI ? Google, here I come. Low and behold, Melvindale is simply the Rail Yard adjacent to Dearborn, so while it's "moving", it's really only sitting in the damn parking lot at Dearborn waiting to be put in a slow train South, which will probably detour through most of Canada and Alaska before actually arriving in the South, just to make sure my suffering continues for a few extra days.

Oh well, I guess that's better than a status of: SCRAPPED

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called and got an update from Ford Performance. Their system was updated early this morning with....

Method: Rail
Current Location: Melvindale MI
ETA: Not Available

My first thought was...RAIL...damn it, my Window Sticker said CONVOY, which we understand to be faster due to many fewer handling and exchange steps, but oh well, at least it's moving, right ???

My second thought was...where the hell is Melvindale MI ? Google, here I come. Low and behold, Melvindale is simply the Rail Yard adjacent to Dearborn, so while it's "moving", it's really only sitting in the damn parking lot at Dearborn waiting to be put in a slow train South, which will probably detour through most of Canada and Alaska before actually arriving in the South, just to make sure my suffering continues for a few extra days.

Oh well, I guess that's better than a status of: SCRAPPED

If you can get a rail car number, you can track it via the rail company which will be CSX since you are east coast. But be prepared because rail takes a long time. You will see a rail car sit at a siding for days while waiting. Then, when it finally gets to the closest rail yard, you gotta wait for it to get on a truck to your dealer.

I went through this when I ordered my GT350. It took like 2 weeks to get from the plant to my dealer via rail.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get a rail car number, you can track it via the rail company which will be CSX since you are east coast. But be prepared because rail takes a long time. You will see a rail car sit at a siding for days while waiting. Then, when it finally gets to the closest rail yard, you gotta wait for it to get on a truck to your dealer.

I went through this when I ordered my GT350. It took like 2 weeks to get from the plant to my dealer via rail.
Ford Performance wouldn't provide any rail car information, so I've already got a call into the dealership asking for exactly that, and 2 weeks is what I've always been told to expect regarding rail delivery to North Alabama. 2 weeks from today will be December 23rd, and as much as I'd be willing to delay the family Christmas vacation, the wife won't, not for what she sees as "just a truck", so even if it shows up here, I won't be around to pick it up for an additional week. So much for showing up in the new truck loaded with Christmas presents <lol>.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered on September21, received a Vin# on October 17, received a window sticker on November 23, and just received a call from my Dealer that my Raptor has been built, released and awaiting shipping. I guess I am making some progress.

Just curious where you were able to get your window sticker from? I've heard that cotus doesn't work. Thanks.