Gen 3 Common issues we are now seeing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All Fords require you to hit lock on the fob prior to remote starting.

I think it's a safety/theft thing to have it locked while running obviously, but it's also much less likely to have an accidental remote start if two separate buttons have to be pushed in a certain order and in a certain time period.

Mallon3194

Reaction score
Mine falls on it's face when I mash the pedal now from a stop, never used to. Like a cold carburetor on an old musclecar that's not up to temp. Whatever. New 23 shows up tomorrow so it's the dealers problem now. Also the driver's window on auto gets to the top and goes right back to wide open, need to creep it closed a little at a time. Trombone rattles, valves in there or something. Big screen does stupid shit, half on and half ford performance screen in the background. Sometimes won't load my stations on Sirius. Start it up and when I press the button won't return steering wheel or seat to my position. Cameras freak out quite often, put it in Park and it keeps moving, auto applies parking brake. Only sometimes, dealer said I imagined it because they can't duplicate. Was fine for 6800 miles, now the last700 it's acting like a crazy woman. Maybe the amb paint is bad luck. You can't touch that color up without it looking like a black spot either. Hope my code orange is the color of happiness and zero issues.
Was built february 2022 if that means anything
Weird my passenger window just started doing that, but I went into the manual using the screen and reset it by holding the button up two seconds and then down…from that I remember, that fixed it.

Mallon3194

Reaction score
That’s normal behavior for the transmission; it downshifts proportionally to vehicle speed. Once speed has dropped down to near zero, it shifts back to 1st to prepare for acceleration. 1st is a short ratio (4.69), so it’s more noticeable. For those used to the slushboxes of years ago, these transmissions operate more like a DCT in many respects.

It can’t build boost until engine speed and load increase, hence why the gauge shows vacuum. Most modern vehicles with Electronic throttle control are tuned more conservatively so that rapid changes in accelerator position have a delayed response. Sport mode resolves that.
Makes sense.I was just worried that the down shift back to first was much harsher than any other gear. Thanks for the info man.

Mallon3194

Reaction score
I was driving today and had the pre collision flash up then I got a weird like static noise on the screen which was previously set to apply car play and the bed camera then it blanked and showed the full bed camera on both screens! Not a bad glitch but I can’t get it to replicate it, Has anyone had this happen before?

Attachments

• FEF30395-76D3-4A6D-8901-1381A0EC40EB.jpeg
    FEF30395-76D3-4A6D-8901-1381A0EC40EB.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 35

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird my passenger window just started doing that, but I went into the manual using the screen and reset it by holding the button up two seconds and then down…from that I remember, that fixed it.
Today my passenger window stopped auto opening/closing. It will go up and down but not auto. Driver side is fine.

The passenger side puddle light hasn’t worked since I bought it. Three weeks into working on it the dealer can’t figure it out, even after replacing wiring and the entire assembly.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving today and had the pre collision flash up then I got a weird like static noise on the screen which was previously set to apply car play and the bed camera then it blanked and showed the full bed camera on both screens! Not a bad glitch but I can’t get it to replicate it, Has anyone had this happen before?
Mine did something similar one day for about five minutes. The truck had around 300 miles on it. Hasn’t done it since and I’m now at 1700 miles.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got two warnings in the same day. Drove down a brick road 35 ish mph and then I received a Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power in the Ford App (Wonder if it shook something loose). Parked the truck to eat lunch then went to start the truck and Service Engine soon warning. The Raptor is limp mode now with no Turbo but drives without issue. Could be an issue with the wastgate solenoid...I have an appointment with the dealer on Wed.
Only 6k miles on my Raptor....

3WQymGPDUFUasWM8S0HCMJQ=w1290-h765-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of the electrical issues seem to be loose fuses from the factory or dead battery from the factory.
I had to replace my battery last week because it was completely dead.

That wasn’t a pleasant phone call to Ford Customer service.

Walked away with a new upgraded Odyssey battery (I paid for) and a 2 year 75k extended warranty from Ford on the house.