Gen 3 Common issues we are now seeing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB for the air inlet becoming restricted under acceleration, which starves the turbo and causes failure. If that’s the case, they should follow the TSB to replace the air inlet with a redesigned part. I believe Cobb (?) came out with an aftermarket solution as well to ensure there is no restriction.
I doubt a 2023 would have the old design for the air inlet though.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I've had to take care of on my 22:

1.) Got Trans replaced at 5k miles
2.) Got the bumpers realigned
3.) Got the driver seat bottom tsb done
3.) I'm on windshield number 3 but that's not ford fault... I think... these windshields are weak af.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well…sunroof is actually opening now, so that’s a plus. Negatives are that the cover is whipping/popping when the thing is open even louder than the radio. Also, seems to be missing something haha

Attachments

• D657E665-2EEC-45C8-905A-FEE97B099A1D.jpeg
    D657E665-2EEC-45C8-905A-FEE97B099A1D.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3631.MOV
    4.5 MB

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I've had to take care of on my 22:

1.) Got Trans replaced at 5k miles
2.) Got the bumpers realigned
3.) Got the driver seat bottom tsb done
3.) I'm on windshield number 3 but that's not ford fault... I think... these windshields are weak af
With 500 miles on the clock, a small rock or something hit my windshield and by the time I got home, the crack had traversed the entire width of the windshield.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With 500 miles on the clock, a small rock or something hit my windshield and by the time I got home, the crack had traversed the entire width of the windshield.
yeah once this factory one goes again... ill be looking into a stronger aftermarket option if theres such a thing.

matt_47_

Reaction score
Just picked up my 23 avalanche! At the 50 mile mark the dreaded wrench popped up on dash: powertrain/transmission malfunction, then went into limp mode. Turned truck off, and waited a few hours. Light then went away and hasn't come back up since. Any ideas?
My 2023 goes in Monday for its second driver side turbo replacement. First turbo replaced at 2000 miles, I noticed during full WOT pulls It felt like the driver side engine bay was rattling, hear a weird sucking noise from intake and a loss of power after about 4000 RPM. At that time I had the S&B cold air Intake on. Did about 8-10 WOT pulls heard a gnarly screeching noise and got the “Power Reduced Notification” and white smoke out the exhaust. Ford replaced the turbo, now in at 2,400 miles, I went to pass someone last week full WOT and felt the same thing I did before. Did a total of 4 WOT pulls and felt the exact same with the engine bay rattling, sucking noise from intake and loss of power. But did not blow the turbo yet… swapped to the stock cold air Intake went out driving and did 8-10 full WOT pulls no issues at all. No engine bay rattling, sucking noise from intake or loss of power. Drove just fine home. Took the truck out today and started to hear a weird turbo whistle from driver side turbo on normal driving around town and getting on the freeway, shortly after I noticed a huge lack of power when driving. No notifications or “power reduced” and no smoke out the exhaust. The first turbo that was replaced Ford said it was the turbo bearings that went bad, curious what they say is up with this one.

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well…sunroof is actually opening now, so that’s a plus. Negatives are that the cover is whipping/popping when the thing is open even louder than the radio. Also, seems to be missing something haha
Really glad my Raptor doesn’t have the SunRoof option. Bummed I don’t have the tailgate step though.