Gen 3 Common issues we are now seeing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing here. May 2022 build date. I can't take the issues anymore. Electrical nightmare and it keeps getting worse. Has been to dealer 8 times now. Picking up an avalanche 23 build date 3/29/23 in the next couple weeks.

Hopefully they figured some things out.
That’s freakin crazy man lol as of today my 23 has been flawless. No issues so far

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only 500 miles so far but my ‘23 seems solid *knocks on wood*

The touch lock on the door handle seems less sensitive than the Gen 2, and I find myself needing to touch it a second time to get it to lock. Also a couple times remote start doesn’t work on the first try, but works on the second. Not sure if these are real issues or just random yet.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The touch lock on the door handle seems less sensitive than the Gen 2, and I find myself needing to touch it a second time to get it to lock. Also a couple times remote start doesn’t work on the first try, but works on the second. Not sure if these are real issues or just random yet.
I have the same issue with the touch door lock too. It sucks but started pressing the last two numbers on the keypad to lock

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the touch door lock too. It sucks but started pressing the last two numbers on the keypad to lock

Yea my ‘20 was pretty sensitive, just a slight touch it would always work. The ‘23 works, but you kinda need to pause your finger on it for what feels like a full second.

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That’s weird… I thought I was the only one with the remote start issue. I usually have to lock (even thought it’s already locked to begin with) again and then hit the x2 start button on my remote and it’ll work.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s weird… I thought I was the only one with the remote start issue. I usually have to lock (even thought it’s already locked to begin with) again and then hit the x2 start button on my remote and it’ll work.

The proper sequence, even on my Gen 2, is you need to hit lock x1 and then the start button x2. On my 23, I hit lock once, then again, then the start button x2. Weird.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘23 is have NAV issues. Navigation won’t load and if I use other features while it is attempting to load the lady voice says “NA”. Anyone else experience this?

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve found the same..even if the truck is locked you have to hit lock, then x2 start. Mine has worked everytime and starts very quickly after hitting start the second time

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve found the same..even if the truck is locked you have to hit lock, then x2 start. Mine has worked everytime and starts very quickly after hitting start the second time
Ah that’s interesting. Seems like a redundant user experience for remote start up.

On my 22 Sierra, it would remote start if the car was already locked - additionally, if you hit the remote start and it was NOT locked, it would lock the truck and then remote start it.