Gen 2 Issues/Dislikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you drilled the 1/16" weep hole in the intercooler yet? This will fix your misfire issue. This is common on the ecoboost engines.

I am a "car" guy, but I have no clue what you are talking about . Thanks for the response. I will do some research and see what I can learn.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
The weep hole is a protective measure so that the condensate buildup does not foul the spark plugs (engine misfire on acceleration).

Viss17

Reaction score
I can honestly say I love everything about this new Raptor. I didn't own the previous gen Raptor but I have driven several of them. This new gen is amazing. I don't mind the exhaust note like most people have mentioned. Since it is my daily driver I don't mind the quiet ride although when you stomp on it in Sport mode it sounds pretty good. But I'm used to a V6 sound coming from my other car being an Acura NSX which I also love the sound of. Anyway, if I was to pick one thing I dislike and this is being picky. I wish Ford would have designated an actual button for the heated steering wheel instead of having to go to the climate screen each time. Like I said, picky, and not a big deal. Enjoy your new Raptor's fella's!

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To recap my experience with my 17 Raptor, I have had issues with feeling a slight jerking motion when hitting the gas. The first time I took it to the dealer, they showed a misfire in cylinder #6 and kept the truck 8 days trying to get to the root cause, which they never really figured out. As a best guess, they replaced the spark plug hoping that might be the problem, but as it turns out, that wasn't it. I thought the jerking motion might be due to the transmission shifting up too early, but I confirmed yesterday morning by putting my car in manual mode (so the truck couldn't shift up and down on its own) that the light jerking isn't RPM related. I was able to duplicate the same feeling at 60 MPH in a variety of gears at different RPMs. As a result of such, I took a Ford Tech for a ride yesterday and he fully agrees that something isn't right. They checked to see if the truck was throwing any codes, but fortunately/unfortunately it isn't. I will keep everybody posted on what I learn if/when they eventually fix the problem.

8 days to replace a spark plug? I'd find another service department, I could replace that spark plug in about 5 minutes.

How many miles did they put on it to replace that spark plug? I'd venture to guess that was 8 days of joy riding! Hell, they could have run Baja in 8 days.

Last edited:

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 days to replace a spark plug? I'd find another service department, I could replace that spark plug in about 5 minutes.

How many miles did they put on it to replace that spark plug? I'd venture to guess that was 8 days of joy riding! Hell, they could have run Baja in 8 days.

Maybe you need to drill a bigger weep hole. ;)