Gen 2 Issues/Dislikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 days to replace a spark plug? I'd find another service department, I could replace that spark plug in about 5 minutes.

How many miles did they put on it to replace that spark plug? I'd venture to guess that was 8 days of joy riding! Hell, they could have run Baja in 8 days.

I definitely wasn't happy with them having the truck for eight days and putting about 130 miles on it. They even asked if one of the technicians could drive it home to try and disgnos the problem, but I refuse that request. They have had it for four days now and they're waiting for Ford in Detroit to give them a call back to provide guidance on what they should try next.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I definitely wasn't happy with them having the truck for eight days and putting about 130 miles on it. They even asked if one of the technicians could drive it home to try and disgnos the problem, but I refuse that request. They have had it for four days now and they're waiting for Ford in Detroit to give them a call back to provide guidance on what they should try next.

130 miles?!? I'd be pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Isn't the Baja 1000 around 130 miles! :) Yeah, they was joy riding brother.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say I love everything about this new Raptor. I didn't own the previous gen Raptor but I have driven several of them. This new gen is amazing. I don't mind the exhaust note like most people have mentioned. Since it is my daily driver I don't mind the quite ride although when you stomp on it in Sport mode it sounds pretty good. But I'm used to a V6 sound coming from my other car being an Acura NSX which I also love the sound of. Anyway, if I was to pick one thing I dislike and this is being picky. I wish Ford would have designated an actual button for the heated steering wheel instead of having to go to the climate screen each time. Like I said, picky, and not a big deal. Enjoy your new Raptor's fella's!

I'm on the same page as you....I like everything about it too, including the sound. With the way this thing accelerates and handles compared to my gen1, I could care less if it didn't make any sound at all...lol! The front end is nicer, seats are better, wheels are nicer, bed is better, sync, dashboard layout, and everything else....it's better in every way. This is the best looking pickup ever made. I sometimes go out to the garage just to look at it....lol! Can't wait to take it on a road trip instead of just driving it around town....

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the same page as you....I like everything about it too, including the sound. With the way this thing accelerates and handles compared to my gen1, I could care less if it didn't make any sound at all...lol! The front end is nicer, seats are better, wheels are nicer, bed is better, sync, dashboard layout, and everything else....it's better in every way. This is the best looking pickup ever made. I sometimes go out to the garage just to look at it....lol! Can't wait to take it on a road trip instead of just driving it around town....
I agree man, and you'll love this thing for road trips. Makes you appreciate all the tech Ford threw in, the ridiculously comfy seats, awesome passing power, super quiet interior. Like my buddy said the other day, it's a "redneck Learjet".

There's little issues here and there as with any vehicle but it's a huge leap forward overall from the previous gen. I'll be critical of Ford if something goes wrong but my biggest complaint so far is also the lack of a heated steering wheel button.

Lee358

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was thinking this the other night, I love everything about the truck. The last road trip I took up to vermont was in my girlfriends jeep and I was miserable. Every time I get in the Raptor I think to myself how awesome and comfortable it would be on a road trip.