Fox Factory Race Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are two big questions in my mind regarding Fox aftermarket stuff and the gen 3. 1, do they do a single live valve and dual live valve version or just dual live valve and you have to buy a controlling if you have a single live valve truck? 2, will they accommodate the different travel numbers for the 35 and 37 or just do 37 travel? I have a 35 because I wanted the extra inch of travel. I would be much more inclined to mess with tuning the stock shocks than getting aftermarket ones if aftermarket meant losing an inch of travel.
I’m not sure what they’ll do on travel but I’ve thought about your first question. I think they’ll likely add some sort of pigtail that will send the signal to both valves from the single wire on the single valve trucks, and it’ll control both compression and rebound together just like it does now. Then if you want the separate control, you need to either buy their controller, or install on a 24+ 37pp/R.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience on the street with the gen 3, I’ll take it off road for the first time in June, 4 fox or king bump stops would be the best use of money. This is comparing my gen 2 with FRS and deavers. Does anyone have a lot of gen 3 high speed off road experience and the short comings?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now that the 2024’s are showing up, anyone seen a true comparison between the single and duel valve trucks for 2024? All I can find are people’s guesses on the benefits and pictures of the new shocks. If the new FRS are going to be 10k, I may be leaning to the 37 package, if I could only find out if there really is a noticeable improvement over the single valve.
I will be off-roading mine may 11. But I only have a gen 2 with icons and fox FRS shocks to compare it to

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any industry insiders with updated rumors on these Gen 3 specific FRS? I'm not sure I believe they're actually happening

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any industry insiders with updated rumors on these Gen 3 specific FRS? I'm not sure I believe they're actually happening
For what it’s worth, the picture on their truck shock homepage is a gen 3 that appears to have reservoirs up front. Maybe they just slapped the gen 2 shocks on a truck, but I’d imagine it’s actually something. IMG_6266.jpeg

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, the picture on their truck shock homepage is a gen 3 that appears to have reservoirs up front. Maybe they just slapped the gen 2 shocks on a truck, but I’d imagine it’s actually something. View attachment 463514
Hard to say, but if you look at where the wires come out of the reservoir it looks more similar to the new Fox Factory Chebby, so that could be a promising sign

IMG_7009.jpeg

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say, but if you look at where the wires come out of the reservoir it looks more similar to the new Fox Factory Chebby, so that could be a promising sign

View attachment 463522
That’s kind of what I was thinking but impossible to say from such a grainy picture. I would be very surprised if that shock architecture doesn’t make an appearance on the raptors eventually.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s kind of what I was thinking but impossible to say from such a grainy picture. I would be very surprised if that shock architecture doesn’t make an appearance on the raptors eventually.
For what it’s worth, the picture on their truck shock homepage is a gen 3 that appears to have reservoirs up front. Maybe they just slapped the gen 2 shocks on a truck, but I’d imagine it’s actually something. View attachment 463514
Old news from about six months ago, I’ll believe it when I see it. Both Fox and icon have been claiming “next summer” for the past three years.

Slaptor911

Reaction score
Gen 3 Factory Race is happening. The Raptor pic above is of the test mule with 30,000+ of test miles on it. Hoping to have sellable product for the end of Q4. Testing is complete, endurance testing is complete, project is signed off and waiting on parts to begin the production builds. Not much shared with the Gen 2 shocks, so a LOT of new parts that vendors have to tool up for.
These will not work with dual valve, as those signals come from the FORD computer and multiple FORD supplied parts, and not sure on the aftermarket for that. Considering the level of shocks, testing and technology put into this OE program, it's certainly getting harder and harder to increase the performance in the aftermarket. It can be done with hundreds and hundreds of hours and thousands of $ spend on testing, but it's starting to be like splitting hairs. Ala Gen 3. There is only so much you can do with 14-15" of travel. If you are outdriving that, it's probably time for $40,000+ and a long travel conversion. Think SVC....
Additionally- as it was brought up above - The dual valve is so next level. It's not even a comparison when the truck starts to control and adjust the rebound too. That being said, not selling my 2022 Gen 3.