Fox Factory Race Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 3 Factory Race is happening. The Raptor pic above is of the test mule with 30,000+ of test miles on it. Hoping to have sellable product for the end of Q4. Testing is complete, endurance testing is complete, project is signed off and waiting on parts to begin the production builds. Not much shared with the Gen 2 shocks, so a LOT of new parts that vendors have to tool up for.
These will not work with dual valve, as those signals come from the FORD computer and multiple FORD supplied parts, and not sure on the aftermarket for that. Considering the level of shocks, testing and technology put into this OE program, it's certainly getting harder and harder to increase the performance in the aftermarket. It can be done with hundreds and hundreds of hours and thousands of $ spend on testing, but it's starting to be like splitting hairs. Ala Gen 3. There is only so much you can do with 14-15" of travel. If you are outdriving that, it's probably time for $40,000+ and a long travel conversion. Think SVC....
Additionally- as it was brought up above - The dual valve is so next level. It's not even a comparison when the truck starts to control and adjust the rebound too. That being said, not selling my 2022 Gen 3.
Any idea how the Gen 3 FRS will compare to the oem dual valves?

FJohnny

Reaction score
Gen 3 Factory Race is happening. The Raptor pic above is of the test mule with 30,000+ of test miles on it. Hoping to have sellable product for the end of Q4. Testing is complete, endurance testing is complete, project is signed off and waiting on parts to begin the production builds. Not much shared with the Gen 2 shocks, so a LOT of new parts that vendors have to tool up for.
These will not work with dual valve, as those signals come from the FORD computer and multiple FORD supplied parts, and not sure on the aftermarket for that. Considering the level of shocks, testing and technology put into this OE program, it's certainly getting harder and harder to increase the performance in the aftermarket. It can be done with hundreds and hundreds of hours and thousands of $ spend on testing, but it's starting to be like splitting hairs. Ala Gen 3. There is only so much you can do with 14-15" of travel. If you are outdriving that, it's probably time for $40,000+ and a long travel conversion. Think SVC....
Additionally- as it was brought up above - The dual valve is so next level. It's not even a comparison when the truck starts to control and adjust the rebound too. That being said, not selling my 2022 Gen 3.
I really hope so! Thanks for the info and please update this thread if you hear anymore, specific, details.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this info. Been very interested to see what’s coming. You said this won’t work for dual valve because the inputs are coming from fords computer. Possible that Fox has been working on a e clik type system here with a stand alone shock management?? Similar to the Chevy fix factory truck

Slaptor911

Reaction score
Thanks for this info. Been very interested to see what’s coming. You said this won’t work for dual valve because the inputs are coming from fords computer. Possible that Fox has been working on a e clik type system here with a stand alone shock management?? Similar to the Chevy fix factory truck
FOX is always working on a ton of projects.

Will FOX have a bolt on Live Valve for multiple applications? I’d bet, yes.
However it wouldn’t be for a Raptor as there is just not enough benefit to the current system. This forum is filled with some incredibly competent drivers. Truth be told, most could not out drive the current single or dual valve setups. Myself included. It’s just so good for 14-15” of travel.
Should be some cool stuff to see at SEMA this year.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score

However it wouldn’t be for a Raptor as there is just not enough benefit to the current system. This forum is filled with some incredibly competent drivers. Truth be told, most could not out drive the current single or dual valve setups. Myself included. It’s just so good for 14-15” of travel.
At some point you start asking yourself if your truck should have a cage too.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ll be there!

Slaptor911

Reaction score
Any idea how the Gen 3 FRS will compare to the oem dual valves?
No real way to compare. Adding a computer and valves that monitor and adjust rebound also 1000 times a second is a real game changer. If I had the money for a 37” Dual Valve or 2024+ Raptor R, I’d never even consider taking off the OE shocks.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The rears are not meant for the gen3 as I believe the 5-link rear is much harder on the shocks. at least thats what swarfworks has told me. He said he blew the FRS on the rear with his.

but i do have the dual valve and they are really great offroad. the FRS was stiffer in the front because of the spring and preload. But the rear is far superior. this is comparing it to the GEN2 with FRS so a totally different animal