Ford investors take one in the nuts today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Tends to happen when it's reported that warranty claims rose by 800 million dollars in the second quarter and earnings per share are adjusted to 47 cents per share when projected was 67 cents per share.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bought mine back in 2017 or so when it was around $3 to $4 a share. Still at $11.30 today.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tends to happen when it's reported that warranty claims rose by 800 million dollars in the second quarter and earnings per share are adjusted to 47 cents per share when projected was 67 cents per share.

Those numbers aren't surprising. My wife's Ford has been in the shop close to 7 months out of the past 9, under powertrain warranty for transmission failures. Had it back for month or so and had another failure. Ford refuses to change the transmission, but rather wants to band aid it to get us out the door. It's going to be our last Ford for the foreseeable future after buying mostly Fords for the past 30 years. We've had multiple cases opened up, written letters, got the regional rep involved... abysmal customer service.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those numbers aren't surprising. My wife's Ford has been in the shop close to 7 months out of the past 9, under powertrain warranty for transmission failures. Had it back for month or so and had another failure. Ford refuses to change the transmission, but rather wants to band aid it to get us out the door. It's going to be our last Ford for the foreseeable future after buying mostly Fords for the past 30 years. We've had multiple cases opened up, written letters, got the regional rep involved... abysmal customer service.
Run the trans without fluid until it fully grenades and then refill it.

Wait, no- that's fraud, don't do that.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt Ford would even look at it. They don't have time to be pulling apart broken shit and seeing why it broke. It'd go back to the rebuilder as a core and that'd be that. Since he's not going to do that, we don't need to speculate anyways.

Maybe, if he is lucky, one of those problematic trans cooling line quick connects will break and it will lose all the fluid while driving.