Do Better Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Anything from Covid onward is a hope for the best in reliability across all industries and all brands…definitely not just a Ford specific problem but more a general government problem. It will take a solid decade to smooth over the governments of the world ruining the place.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I’m still sporting my 2013 Gen 1. 137k miles

I want to upgrade to Raptor R but I’m worried about too many unknowns. I would be absolutely livid spending 115k+ and playing th dealer repair game. To me, it’s not worth the risk or headache.

I’m still sitting on the sidelines for now!

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The quality of techs has really gone down hill. Just laughably bad. Nobody cares anymore. Nobody has pride in what they do.
I call it the (Brain Drain), all the service industries are suffering from it. What you need to know to service todays vehicles / machinery coupled with personal reliability & pride in workmanship is hard to find and dealerships aren’t willing to pay for it. So the good guys leave the industry, I’ve seen it over and over running a tech business for 35 years. Recently I was helping a friend service small turbines at his business at night but after I learned the business he wasn’t willing to pay what the labor was worth and when you can make more money Bartending then risking a 200k RPM turbine gernading on the test bench well the choice is clear. I don’t see a fix in the near future and thats why I do my work myself.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I call it the (Brain Drain), all the service industries are suffering from it. What you need to know to service todays vehicles / machinery coupled with personal reliability & pride in workmanship is hard to find and dealerships aren’t willing to pay for it. So the good guys leave the industry, I’ve seen it over and over running a tech business for 35 years. Recently I was helping a friend service small turbines at his business at night but after I learned the business he wasn’t willing to pay what the labor was worth and when you can make more money Bartending then risking a 200k RPM turbine gernading on the test bench well the choice is clear. I don’t see a fix in the near future and thats why I do my work myself.
Service Advisor for close to a decade. I left in 2021 after I finished my degree. I completely agree with what you said.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I’m still sporting my 2013 Gen 1. 137k miles

I want to upgrade to Raptor R but I’m worried about too many unknowns. I would be absolutely livid spending 115k+ and playing th dealer repair game. To me, it’s not worth the risk or headache.

I’m still sitting on the sidelines for now!

Just some food for thought had a 2013 Raptor zero issues had a 22 Raptor bad shocks Ford replaced all 4 zero issues after that now a 24 Raptor R 3k on it Zero issues fast as F.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 21 has been in the shop once for unscheduled work, it was the issue with the AC freezing up that Ford hasn't fixed even through it's been an issue since 2014 or so in various F150s and Expeditions. Other than that, it's been solid.

But, looking at how Ford issues the most or second most recalls each year for the last several years, it looks like they are following the Chrysler model of just throw it together and hope it works.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 2024 37 package. Only had it one day and loving it so far. Hoping it's as reliable as the 2020 i traded in.
I’m currently in a ‘20 def interested in a gen3 but hoping to get the last model year of this gen, guess that’ll be either a ‘25 or ‘26, also hoping we can tune them (all years) by then- have 78k miles on my ‘20 right now & it’s been absolutely flawless….i think that has a lot to do w/ being a non”COVID” build & also the last model year (no cam phaser issues, big screen in 801a trim etc)

I also want a 37” tire I think it’ll just ride that much nicer, but curious how’s the mpg difference?? Did you have your 2020 tuned & if so does the gen3 stock w/ 37”s feel a lot slower?

Love the interior on the gen3

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m currently in a ‘20 def interested in a gen3 but hoping to get the last model year of this gen, guess that’ll be either a ‘25 or ‘26...

Me too. But there's no way to know in time to get the exact options I want, so I will likely pull the trigger on a '25, just to be safe.