Do Better Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20leadfoot

Reaction score
I’m currently in a ‘20 def interested in a gen3 but hoping to get the last model year of this gen, guess that’ll be either a ‘25 or ‘26, also hoping we can tune them (all years) by then- have 78k miles on my ‘20 right now & it’s been absolutely flawless….i think that has a lot to do w/ being a non”COVID” build & also the last model year (no cam phaser issues, big screen in 801a trim etc)

I also want a 37” tire I think it’ll just ride that much nicer, but curious how’s the mpg difference?? Did you have your 2020 tuned & if so does the gen3 stock w/ 37”s feel a lot slower?

Love the interior on the gen3
Haven't had the truck long enough to compare MPG to my 2020. Driving to Prescott next weekend, that will give me a better idea of the MPG I am getting. Yes, I had Goosetune do a custom tune on my 2020. I have nothing but good things to say about Goosetune and I loved how my truck ran, but in all honesty, my 2024 feels like it is quicker and has more power than my 2020. If you are worried about this truck being slower and sluggish with the 37s, don't worry. I love everything about the new truck and I don't regret buying it for a minute.

20leadfoot

Reaction score
Haven't had the truck long enough to compare MPG to my 2020. Driving to Prescott next weekend, that will give me a better idea of the MPG I am getting. Yes, I had Goosetune do a custom tune on my 2020. I have nothing but good things to say about Goosetune and I loved how my truck ran, but in all honesty, my 2024 feels like it is quicker and has more power than my 2020. If you are worried about this truck being slower and sluggish with the 37s, don't worry. I love everything about the new truck and I don't regret buying it for a minute.
Also, I might add, even if they do come out with a tune for this year truck, I won't be installing it. It has plenty of power and shifts beautiful. The only reason I went with a tune on my 2020 was because the trans shifted like crap, and I had a slight hesitation right off the throttle. Goosetuned solved that but my new truck runs perfect so far.