For the GOTTAHAVEAV8 crowd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
2_19.jpg

OP
OP
B

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said it was soothing by definition. You were wrong. You just can't admit it. But everyone who has reading comprehension above the 4th grade level (this excludes you) knows it.

Ignore list. What's that? Something new for the snowflake crew? What a whimp!

:supergay:

THAT?? THAT'S what you're going to hang your hat on?? :ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

Way to miss the larger point there, champ... just to soothe (get it??) your Asperger's, I'll go ahead and say it... it was a poor choice of wording (so, wrong... I'm man enough to say it) on my part to say that white noise is soothing by definition. I should have said that it is soothing by nature. Good catch there, Captain Pedantic.

In the meantime, I noticed that you still have not managed to answer my question about your favorite beverage... could it be because you realize that you'd be proving my point about individual preferences being impossible to prove as right or wrong? And that that would therefore invalidate your "FACTS" about V8s sounding better?

It's okay, you don't have to answer... I already know the truth.

As for the Ignore List, it's no big deal... you just use the mode select button on the steering wheel!!

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say it... it was a poor choice of wording (so, wrong... I'm man enough to say it) on my part to say that white noise is soothing by definition. I should have said that it is soothing by nature. Good catch there, Captain Pedantic.

It wasn't a poor choice of words, my friend. It was factually incorrect.

I have posted facts, definitions, and science to support my positions. You haven't. You've just tried to focus shift to different topics each time your argument was systematically dismantled.

Really big of you to kind of sort of "admit" you were wrong, though. :rolleyes:

Real men don't need buttons and modes to protect their delicate feelings... or inadequate driving skills.

Troll on, my friend. Troll on.

:specialed:

OP
OP
B

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a poor choice of words, my friend. It was factually incorrect.

I have posted facts, definitions, and science to support my positions. You haven't. You've just tried to focus shift to different topics each time your argument was systematically dismantled.

Really big of you to kind of sort of "admit" you were wrong, though. :rolleyes:

Real men don't need buttons and modes to protect their delicate feelings... or inadequate driving skills.

Troll on, my friend. Troll on.

:specialed:

It's not my feelings I'm saving, it's my email Inbox with notifications that you've managed to derp all over your keyboard and quote me in the process.

Keep on derpin', bro... it's the REAL you!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
V8 has two additional pistons, rods, rod bearings, spark plugs, ignition coils. Four more rings, eight more valves and springs. So far that is 32 additional parts and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Turbos come with a turbo, turbo bearings, wastegate, intercooler, and some extra duct work. That's roughly 7 extra parts, but we can round it up to 10 just for the hell of it.

10 parts, many of which don't move, versus more than 30 additional critical moving parts in a V8. Still think V8s have fewer parts?

Might want to go back and re-check your math there. The 6.2L V8 is a 2V engine. The 3.5L V6TT is a 4V engine.

Even with two less cylinders, the V6 has 50% more valves, springs, retainers, followers, valve guides, valve seals, and valve seats to fail. Plus, there are twice as many cam sprockets, timing chains, chain tensioners, cams, cam saddles and cam covers. Let's not forget those V6 cams are two-piece cams. The total just for the heads is at least 100 more parts. Then you get to add all the turbo stuff and the direct injection fuel system.

The only thing the 3.5L V6TT has over the 6.2L V8 in terms of simplicity is one spark plug in the V6 vs two for the V8.

It's not so bad when compared to a Coyote engine, as those are 4V engines too.

It doesn't speak well for the V6TT that all of those extra parts, a complex fuel delivery system, plus a crap ton of boost generates less than 10% more power than the 6.2L V8.

Last edited: